Prodigy Brake Controller

Submitted: Tuesday, Jun 17, 2008 at 07:10
ThreadID: 58879 Views:1673 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi.I wish to install the latest Prodigy Brake controller to my 04 Prado GXL.The vehicle has the cruise control cancel as part of the brake light switch so I have been advised to run the activating wire for the controller from the wire at the REAR of the vehicle.I was told the voltage is "filtered" by the time it reaches the light.Has anyone had experience fitting this unit?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: jdbb - Tuesday, Jun 17, 2008 at 07:37

Tuesday, Jun 17, 2008 at 07:37
I just went through this. The easiest way is to connect to the brake wire in the trailer plug. You have to get the blue wire back there anyway - just run a bit of twin cable down to the back.
AnswerID: 310449

Reply By: Member - Oldplodder (QLD) - Tuesday, Jun 17, 2008 at 08:03

Tuesday, Jun 17, 2008 at 08:03
When I installed the prodigy on my pajero I ran the switching wire from the rear brake light/trailer wire at the rear. Works fine.
Didn't want to cut into the existing brake circuit under the dash, just in case in caused trouble :o)
So I ran three wires while I was at it.
The brake light wire back to the prodigy, the heavy duty brake power cable from the prodigy, and a new heavy earth from the trailer plug back to the battery.
AnswerID: 310456

Reply By: toyocrusa - Tuesday, Jun 17, 2008 at 20:47

Tuesday, Jun 17, 2008 at 20:47
Thank you all for your response.It reinforces the earlier advice.I do have heavy twin core cable but was going to use one for a 12v power supply so will now run a 3rd lighter wire for the switch.My first time on the site,great to have a forum like this as my brother has posted a bit of info on his V8 200 Landcruiser oil consumption problem and had a great response also.Thanks again.
AnswerID: 310620

Sponsored Links