Child Seat Anchor Points in new Hilux

Submitted: Tuesday, Jun 17, 2008 at 13:35
ThreadID: 58893 Views:20584 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi,
I have a new hilux and need to put my kids seat in there. I notice there are two threads under the back of the seat on both sides but no points installed. What is the best way to install mounts? I have a mate with the same hilux and he just bought a standard mount for about $15 and screwed it into the thread but recons it is a major pain to fit the kids seat as the seat base lifts up in the hilux but the back of the seat only slides up and down. With this setup maybe an extention strap should be used?

I did call a local installer and he said he picks up that point and drills another in the back of the body under the rear window, puts a strap from the bottom mount over the top of the seat and charges $235.

I would greatly appreciate any info from people who have done this with their hilux!.
Cheers
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Mark G (NSW) - Tuesday, Jun 17, 2008 at 13:54

Tuesday, Jun 17, 2008 at 13:54
H20; i dont have a hilux but my 04 navara was the same,no anchor points either.had to have them installed,they cost me $170 about a year ago and he did exactly what you talked about.no probs to get kids seats in and out , easy.cheers.
AnswerID: 310513

Reply By: Stu-k - Tuesday, Jun 17, 2008 at 14:59

Tuesday, Jun 17, 2008 at 14:59
Yep I have a new lux and have found some seats are easier than others. I just brought a seat for the lux and it stays in there, but really it only takes about 5 mins to put seat in just a bit of a pain due to lack of room.
I have a short extension strap and the mount bolt came with the seat
AnswerID: 310528

Reply By: Ben - Wednesday, Jun 18, 2008 at 13:19

Wednesday, Jun 18, 2008 at 13:19
I have to change over the child seats often and in is a little tricky at first but becomes easier. I sit both seats on the top / leaning on the front seats, drop the restraint down and clip it in then lower the seat.

AnswerID: 310749

Reply By: H2O - Monday, Jun 23, 2008 at 06:58

Monday, Jun 23, 2008 at 06:58
Thanks for the replies guys. Seems I can either get it professionally done or just install the standard small anchor under the seat, pass the strap all the way down the seat and all good.
Cheers!
AnswerID: 311728

Sponsored Links