Rainbow Beach Mudlow Rocks Impassable

Submitted: Tuesday, Jun 17, 2008 at 18:30
ThreadID: 58906 Views:2178 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi Gang
Just doing some on the spot Road Conditions Reports from Rainbow Beach
Just in case anybody was even thinking of attempting Mudlow Rocks at Low tide in the coming school holidays (on their way to Fraser Island).
It could be a real trap, The Exit from the Leisha track has a risky run around some fallen trees - some are driving through salt water to get around them then making a run for Rainbow Beach Township only to find it is inaccessible, even at low tide.

By the time they discover this, and get back to Leisha the tide could be even higher - the Trees would be that much more risky. I dont know if anybody has been trapped as yet but with school holidays coming Im sure there will be some problems. I havn't had a chance to see if National Parks have put warnings up on the Leisha End.

Recent storms have taken away lots of sand. I cant see enough of it returning in the next few weeks, to make it passable again.

Other than that it is warm and not too busy - a great place to visit at this time of year.

The Photos below were taken about an hour and a half before low tide. Today
Image Could Not Be Found

Image Could Not Be Found

Yes i know - its a hard job.

Kerry W
Road Conditions Coordinator (On site today)
Kerry W (Qld)
Security is mostly a superstition. It doesnt exist in nature. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
-Helen Keller

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: johnnymc - Tuesday, Jun 17, 2008 at 18:35

Tuesday, Jun 17, 2008 at 18:35
Thanks for the info but authorities have warned against this since christmas, at one stage they were booking people for driving along that stretch best way through is via the freshwater track.
AnswerID: 310572

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Kerry W (QLD) - Tuesday, Jun 17, 2008 at 18:49

Tuesday, Jun 17, 2008 at 18:49
The reason i posted this info is that I was watching quite a few doing the run a four weeks ago while I was at Double Island point.

This was before this last bout of weather, and nobody was stopping them - thanks for your input.
Kerry W (Qld)
Security is mostly a superstition. It doesnt exist in nature. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
-Helen Keller

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 576592

Sponsored Links