Old settlers road

Submitted: Monday, Jul 14, 2003 at 10:05
ThreadID: 5973 Views:1900 Replies:0 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
just done this trek on sunday all though it was quick it wasnt too bad could of done all of it in 2wdrive which annoyed me because it was rated as a medium level trek in my book. there is one change to it though the first farm you come to i think the farmer doesnt want anyone to come through as theyve changed the entrance. the white gate is still there with the gunnadoo sign on it but theyve bulldozed the track shut however theres a grid entrance about 5m before this white gate with a sign on it that says private property no entrance this is the sneaky entrance and after about 50m leads to where the track used to go. however i did reverse out not wanting to take any risks with an irate farmer and did the track in reverse. we didnt do the creek crossing at the start (at the end of or reversed trip) as the sand was very soft although the creek wasnt deep i didnt want to drown my triton.
there is an alternate entrance to the trek if the creek is to deep. about 100m before the entrance is a tared left turn call stockyard road take that and turn left at the first gate on right that eventually leads to the start of the trek (maybe a 500m drive)
sorry about all the approximates but i dont have a GPS so its all guess work and using my tacko
none the less a little dissapointed in the difficulty level but it was good to get out and give the triton its first off road trial...... and im most impressed with it so much power.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Sponsored Links