Deepwater NP and fires

Submitted: Wednesday, Jul 16, 2003 at 09:38
ThreadID: 6012 Views:1526 Replies:1 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
I understand can't have fires in the park, am going up that way next week for a few days, if i get frustrated what is the nearest beach camping area that does allow camping fires if any ?

thanks
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: crowe - Wednesday, Jul 16, 2003 at 11:51

Wednesday, Jul 16, 2003 at 11:51
paul,

I think they brought the fire rule in last year due to drought etc, they may let you have fires in winter but cant quite remember, best to ring and check.

You might be allowed fires in eurimbula nat park, there are acouple of beach type areas but mangroves aswell, deepwater would be far better for beach camping. The next best closest beach camping area is palm beach south of bundy and part of/adjoining Kinkuna National Park. South of that agian is burrum coast National park near woodgate.

hope this helps
AnswerID: 25085

Follow Up By: tristjo - Wednesday, Jul 16, 2003 at 13:39

Wednesday, Jul 16, 2003 at 13:39
Crowe,

I think you can still have fires at Kinkuna beach, but I know for sure that they are not allowed at Burrum Point campground (Woodgate).

My brother and I are thinking of heading up to Burrum Point in Sep/Oct, to do a bit of flats fishing. Any Idea what the mozzie situation is like at that time of year?? Was up there last april, and they were so thick, you could breath em' in, but it was still one of the best camping trips i've done.

The Burrum Coast is a great place to camp, so quiet, and the climate is just fantastic in spring. Just hope the fishings good come October!!

Tristjo.
FollowupID: 16947

Follow Up By: crowe - Monday, Jul 21, 2003 at 16:35

Monday, Jul 21, 2003 at 16:35
Not sure on the mossies mate, bit like luck of the draw, it is fairly windy hear in september/october which should keep them at bay, they generally get bad after some rains in novemeber late october, shouldnt worry you too much
FollowupID: 17270

Follow Up By: tristjo - Monday, Jul 21, 2003 at 20:01

Monday, Jul 21, 2003 at 20:01
Crowe,

Thanks for that, mate. Yeah, thats what I thought, they were really bad after the rains last year, so hopefully after a dry spell, we should be right.

Thanks again.

Tristjo.
FollowupID: 17294

Sponsored Links