Message for Willem

Submitted: Thursday, Jul 17, 2003 at 08:01
ThreadID: 6021 Views:1961 Replies:1 FollowUps:5
This Thread has been Archived
Hi Willem,

Mrs Al here, the '27, is a dear old thing, she's a 1927 Oldsmobile Tourer. Al restored her, and mostly she runs well, but blew a head gasket about 6 weeks ago mid way through a wedding..:) She's great to go out cruising in, and Al modified the back seat arrangement, built a roll cage, and got 2 commodore seats, welded them into a frame, and now we can take the kids, safely in their card seats. When we need for the original seat to be back in, he unbolts it, lifts the whole back bit out and drops the seats back in...I know that it's more technical than that..but mechanics and engineering are not my field.

Al also built a front wheel steering trailor so that we can take the old girl on long trips, she went to Mildura for Easter for our club's national meet.

The old girl [that's the car, not me!] will be worked on after Al has finished the caravan mods. He has several Olds' around the place, and 1950's Lanz Bulldog Tractor that is supposed to be restored as well!!...

If you're ever Romsey way, in the Macedon Ranges, Victoria, and you want to see a heap of junk that only car people can get excited about let us know.

cheers

Lyn [aka Mrs. Al]the '27, she'll shake your shimmeys out!

Corrugations...what are they?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Willem- Thursday, Jul 17, 2003 at 08:15

Thursday, Jul 17, 2003 at 08:15
Hi Lyn,
Thanks for that info and the invite. Might take you up on that some time. We have family in Melbourne and Anglesea and make an annual trip to the Big Smoke. Yes I only have a half acre property with a lots of garden space and very little space left for two cars, one 4x4 and 2 trailers. I am always juggling parking arrangements. But no, I am not a hoarder, the rest of the place is tidy:-)Cheers, Willem
Never a dull moment
AnswerID: 25175

Follow Up By: Member - Al (Vic) - Thursday, Jul 17, 2003 at 08:31

Thursday, Jul 17, 2003 at 08:31
Hi Willem,

We live on 2.5acres, and the first thing Al did was build a huge shed..so I don't have to look at the chassis' and other stuff, that is most definitely treasure. In fact a friend from London came to stay with us and asked "what's that junk", and Al nearly had a heart attack...!!!

It's a great hobby, and it's great to ride around it the olds.

cheers Lyn

PS..you'd be welcome anytimethe '27, she'll shake your shimmeys out!

FollowupID: 17030

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Thursday, Jul 17, 2003 at 16:17

Thursday, Jul 17, 2003 at 16:17
You can always leave the trailer here Willem!!

FollowupID: 17046

Follow Up By: Member - Al (Vic) - Thursday, Jul 17, 2003 at 16:25

Thursday, Jul 17, 2003 at 16:25
Truckster..he's certainly not leaving it here...:) It'll get lost with the rest of the stuff

Mrs Althe '27, she'll shake your shimmeys out!

FollowupID: 17047

Follow Up By: Member - Willem- Thursday, Jul 17, 2003 at 20:51

Thursday, Jul 17, 2003 at 20:51
Will be heading down your way after New Year 2004 for few weeks by the sea and the rellies.Cheers, Willem
Never a dull moment
FollowupID: 17070

Follow Up By: Member - Al (Vic) - Thursday, Jul 17, 2003 at 20:56

Thursday, Jul 17, 2003 at 20:56
Willem,

we should be here no worries..if you want to drop by, heading for our big Trek next June.

you can contact us directly at:

grierson@hotkey.net.au

cheers

Lyn1927 Oldsmobile Tourer

FollowupID: 17071

Sponsored Links