4wd Canter camper

Submitted: Friday, Jul 18, 2003 at 14:24
ThreadID: 6042 Views:3397 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
G'day all
we have just joined & read with interest the post re: 4wd canter dual cabs.(bloffy)
we are in the planning stages of building a 4 berth camper onto a twin cab Canter 4wd chassis.
we have a disabled daughter (6) who is confined to a wheelchair.
we would like to hear from anyone who travells with a disabled child with the idea of swapping information.
we have travelled some very remote areas & plan to continue too once we get our new truck built.
also anyone with pros & cons of wheelchair lifts for high chassis vehicles, I would like to hear from you as most companies only cater for 2wd vehicles.
Thanks
Rod, Sue & Lorrin Mcleod
Syd NSW.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: johnsy - Friday, Jul 18, 2003 at 17:00

Friday, Jul 18, 2003 at 17:00
Rod maybe their is a retired engineer in the forum members that could help.

My idea would be based on 2 hydr.rams mounted either side of a modified width door to siut a chair and a base that folds flat for traveling and stows in the door frame then have access from the camperto the cab.

Any way I'm sure their are better brains out there to help you out.
AnswerID: 25306

Follow Up By: Rod Mcleod - Saturday, Jul 19, 2003 at 09:11

Saturday, Jul 19, 2003 at 09:11
we are looking to get a Tieman lift fitted but with extenable rams in the final section to lower it closer to the ground, this would enable us to get the lift lower depending on the terrain, so yes if there are any people involved with this type of construction then please contact me with your idea's

TIA

Rod Sue & Lorrin Mcleod
Syd NSW
FollowupID: 17167

Reply By: Member - Toonfish - Saturday, Jul 19, 2003 at 01:33

Saturday, Jul 19, 2003 at 01:33
i agree sounds like you need a modifeid troopy?
might be pricey to do to your specs though?1999 NISSAN NAVARA DUALCAB
DIESEL 3.2 & SPRINGY CARLTON TOY
AnswerID: 25334

Sponsored Links