Paj suspension upgrade

Submitted: Saturday, Jul 19, 2003 at 19:41
ThreadID: 6062 Views:1898 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Greetings, I am seeking your help in making a decision on the suspension upgrade for my 93 NJ V6 LWB Pajero. The vehicle is used for medium four wheel driving and carries 4 adults and enough equipment for all. I would also like to get about a 50mm + lift with the suspension ugrade. I have looked at Tough dog, Bilstein, OME. Can you let me know what kits have worked for you and what you would recommend. Also what price you paid for upgrade and who did the work. Thanks in advance for your help.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Matt (W.A.) - Saturday, Jul 19, 2003 at 19:54

Saturday, Jul 19, 2003 at 19:54
Andrew,
Have you posted the same question on http://www.pajeroclub.com.au/ ?
I have Lovells H/D Springs ($400) in My NM they gave me the lift I needed for fitting Cooper ST 265/75R16's I Intend Putting Rancho RS9000X's in Soon and Disconnecting my rear Sway Bar.

HTHKeep It On The Rough Stuff

Matt (W.A.)
AnswerID: 25368

Reply By: Froilan - Saturday, Jul 19, 2003 at 21:42

Saturday, Jul 19, 2003 at 21:42
Andrew

I fitted Tough Dogs and coils (same time) on my NM. Cost around $1200 all up from Opposite Lock at Blacktown NSW. Also allowed me to fit 265/75R16 Yoko Geolander AT. Got 50mm (at least) height increase. Have taken the NM to some fairly tough mountain tracks and no more problem with getting hung up.
AnswerID: 25374

Reply By: Member - AndrewPatrol - Sunday, Jul 20, 2003 at 17:20

Sunday, Jul 20, 2003 at 17:20
Andrew NM's are a different beast than yours.
On my ex NL paj I had cutdown front bump stops for more travel and slightly cranked torsion bars. Rear Polyairs which are fantastic for coping with different loads. I also used to remove my front sway bar for more flex. Don't go too far with the torsion bar crank (yours might have been done once or twice in its life any way. I'd maybe suggest new heavier bars. You can get higher and/or stiffer rear coils as well. dont go too high 'cos of centre of gravity on a narrow track width.
I used to run 32" tyres although the NL had a 30mm body lift which you can also do.
Highly recommend you go to the above mentioned site and search for info.
BTW my cutdown bumpstops are for sale on the trader section of this site.
AnswerID: 25409

Reply By: Member - Bob - Monday, Jul 21, 2003 at 09:25

Monday, Jul 21, 2003 at 09:25
Andrew, I wonder if you need to do anything at all, other than renew shocks which must be pretty worn by now. I found the Pajeros of that era excellent for medium duty use, like extensive touring with big loads. Even after the worst roads and corrugations the car would feel like new back on the bitumen. The ARB roof rack fractured, and many tyres died, but the Paj was unscathed.
AnswerID: 25462

Sponsored Links