Upgrade to suspension

Submitted: Friday, Jul 25, 2003 at 17:21
ThreadID: 6175 Views:1423 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I notice in the Trader a set of spring which will lift the 80 series. Is there any mods, that need to be done and will I have to upgrade shocks.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: colin - Friday, Jul 25, 2003 at 18:36

Friday, Jul 25, 2003 at 18:36
hi bm, my veiw is that you are better of buying factory fit after market from new, set up for your vehicle and warranty, every component is matched for your vehicle and your set up for what you carry when you travel with the family, least you know second hand gear hasnt been in an accident, shop around and you will get a good deal, well worth the effort. Col.
AnswerID: 25917

Reply By: Wil - Saturday, Jul 26, 2003 at 07:37

Saturday, Jul 26, 2003 at 07:37
BM
I just had my 80LC done by ARB's agent. It's money well spent, now she goes like a lowered racer despite being raised. No body roll, pitching is minimium. Springs are tuned to the shocks, so be careful. Maybe a good set of shocks will handle the springs? OME has Heavy duty or medium duty for your individual setup. It just goes on...Cheers
AnswerID: 25970

Follow Up By: choppa - Saturday, Jul 26, 2003 at 09:52

Saturday, Jul 26, 2003 at 09:52
I just replaced a set of OME suspension with Enforcer Heavy Duty Springs and Rancho RS9000's, there is no comparison between the two, it depends how much off roading you do, I go off roading everyday because of my occupation, so it depends on what you want from your 4WD, it it wise to speak to people in the 4WD game and not someone who just keeps a seat warm behind a counter, and drives a Toorak Tractor.

Just my Two Cents
FollowupID: 17642

Reply By: Member - DOZER- Sunday, Jul 27, 2003 at 08:20

Sunday, Jul 27, 2003 at 08:20
Gday bmw1
Standard shocks need replacing with raised springs.
A suspension will usually go through a couple of sets of shocks to a set of springs. The springs are usually changed if a different height or different loads need to be carried. Your individual needs are the deciding factor.
Ome just about have it all covered, from comfort to 450kg in the back.
Their shox are medium valved or heavy valved versions of thesame shock.
Andrewwheredayathinkwer mike?
AnswerID: 26069

Sponsored Links