Pancake creek

Submitted: Monday, Jul 28, 2003 at 10:21
ThreadID: 6221 Views:7436 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Does anyone know if you can access Pancake Creek near Bustard head in QLD by 4wd?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Bruce and Anne - Monday, Jul 28, 2003 at 10:48

Monday, Jul 28, 2003 at 10:48
Hi LT
I just checked a couple of maps and the Dirty Weekends in CQ and can not see any tracks going in there, I've been in there by boat a couple of times. They have just opened the Light house up again as a tourist spot. Try ring The Discover Coast Tourist Information Centre, Miriam Vale 0749745428.
Bruce MU-ving on
AnswerID: 26138

Reply By: CT - Monday, Jul 28, 2003 at 11:39

Monday, Jul 28, 2003 at 11:39
LT,
You can get access into the top of Pancake by road. From the Bruce Hwy, take the Turkey Beach turnoff. Heading off to the right from the main Turkey road (can't remember how far down; ring the shop at Turkey) is the telegraph track. Follow this to the makeshift boatramp. To the right is pancake and to the left is middle creek. Launching is only from about half tide onwards (so I've been told).

There is no official road access to the mouth of Pancake.

Let me know when your going and I'll come as tour guide!
Cheers
Craig
AnswerID: 26142

Follow Up By: Pat - Monday, Jul 28, 2003 at 12:13

Monday, Jul 28, 2003 at 12:13
The telegraph track is a couple of k's before Turkey Beach. The main road vears to the left and the track goes off to the right up a small hill and through a gate. Keep following the track over the narrow bridge to the boat ramp. You can also get in from Agnes/1770 through Eurimbla NP. Turn left off the track to Middle Creek camp ground. Both these tracks are marked on the Miriamvale district map from Sunmap.

See Ya
PatC
FollowupID: 17766

Reply By: relaxed QLD - Monday, Jul 28, 2003 at 23:39

Monday, Jul 28, 2003 at 23:39
LT, apprently ther is a road that goes to pancake, but unfortunately its on private property and the gates are locked because people weren't shuting them and livestock were escaping. The only way is if you know the owners or find out the owners and as permission. I don't know who the owners are and the only reason I know about this road is I've asked a few of my friends who know the area well. Apart from that you need a boat to get there or put some helium in those tyres to float there.
The road to Middle Creek when I went there was real iffy. It took us 2 hrs to go 24kms towing a tinny and I reckon they should change the name of that place to Sandfly City. Every night just before dark I thought storm clouds were rolling in, it wasn't storm clouds.
Relaxed
AnswerID: 26212

Sponsored Links

Popular Products (13)