Shower heat exchangers

Submitted: Monday, Jul 28, 2003 at 21:43
ThreadID: 6231 Views:1737 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I know that this subject has been well and truely covered on numerous occasions but I would like to contact anyone that has made their own unit as I would like to make one myself just for the challenge of doing it . I will be fitting it to a HJ 60 diesel
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: mrdesmo - Wednesday, Jul 30, 2003 at 07:19

Wednesday, Jul 30, 2003 at 07:19
Hi greenant,
The first shower I had camping was with a home made job from a blokes Patrol, he basically picked apart a truck intercooler he picked up from a truck wreckers, and welded/silversoldered? a can around it with the outlets at both ends.....worked just as good as any bought one I've seen. Simple and about quarter the cost of a bought one. I think you can pick up the hi flow pumps from any sort of marine accessories place ie Whitworths, or a caravan accessories type place.Tip: get a decent one, the one that comes with the Twine will pull water uphill about 25ft with plenty of pressure and is self priming, can't beat it if can't get very close to the water supply, besides its best to keep your distance so the soap dont end up in the river etc. We have about 20 meters of hose and dont have any probs.
Cheers
AnswerID: 26313

Sponsored Links