VTSS 80 series security system

Submitted: Friday, Aug 01, 2003 at 20:48
ThreadID: 6313 Views:1352 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Allright it's like this then,

I just upgraded from the mighty 2H 60 series, (Reliable, solid, capable, strong, slow) to a 96 GXL turbo diesel, (I only just drove it home two days ago and so far it is, powerfull, and I expect it to show the above traits and more over time...) but I have a few questions that I hope this forum, and it's members can help with.... from my reaserch I believe this car should be equipped with Toyotas security system TVSS, the previous owner told me how it would automatically lock it's doors after a period, and it came with a two button control pad with the keys. however I have no other doco and cannot figure out if or how the system works. If anyone with a simillar vehicle could give me some clues, or direction I would really appreciate it. secondly, it should also have ABS brakes, (has the fuse under the bonnet and all reviews indicate it has ABS), however the ABS light does not come up in the pre start instrument check, (neither does the diff lock light) so is it a big job to check the bulbs(ie pull the dash apart) or should I bite the bullet and take it to toyota for investigation??

cheers
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Friday, Aug 01, 2003 at 22:33

Friday, Aug 01, 2003 at 22:33
Why not take it in to Yota for a 1 off inspectin to see how good it is and if anything does need replacing, and to show you how things work.

I wouldnt get them to do the dash lightglobes at $70 an hour that could cost 1/2 the car price ;)~

But get them to see if ABS is fitted, and not stuffed, and also the Diff Lock.

YMMV
AnswerID: 26589

Reply By: Member - Allan - Saturday, Aug 02, 2003 at 00:09

Saturday, Aug 02, 2003 at 00:09
Geoff, sounds like the same model as mine. I have the original Toyotal 2 button remote but only the large button does anything. Mine does not automatically lock if left unattended. The manual does not have any information on the security/central locking system so would be really interested to find out more.
The ABS unit (if fitted) is mounted on the left hand side under the bonnet just in front of the fire wall. It is quite a noticeable unit with a mass of pipes coming out of it.Cheers
Allan
AnswerID: 26598

Sponsored Links