Yellow warning light flashes

Submitted: Friday, Aug 01, 2003 at 23:17
ThreadID: 6315 Views:1521 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi,

I was out doing a bit of mud pluging in my R50 series V6 Pathfinder, nothing too taxing, but noticed the yellow warning light on the dash flashing after I return home. It was most apparent when re-starting the vehicle. The light would flash 5 times, then go off.

Being a little alarmed at any warning light flashing at me, I contacted my local Nissan dealer who advised of a transmission problem. They re-set the computer, and advised I replace some component that controls the transmission.

My questions to you fellow Pathis owners is:

(1) Has this happened to you before? [the flashing warning lights];

(2) What is the name of the component I need to replace, that controls the transmission?

Would look forward to your replies. Thanks.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Friday, Aug 01, 2003 at 23:53

Friday, Aug 01, 2003 at 23:53
Ask the dealer for a complete breakdown of parts replaced and labour on each thing...
AnswerID: 26595

Follow Up By: Kiwi-Pathfinder - Saturday, Aug 02, 2003 at 02:19

Saturday, Aug 02, 2003 at 02:19
Hi Truckster,

Replacement part was around $275 + GST [NZD]. Not sure whether this included labour as well.

I don't suppose you would know whether the vehicle's onboard computer keeps a record of what the Nissan engineers did, when they hooked up the diagnostic tool? They seemed unsure at first what might have caused the problem in the first place. My only concern is that it hasn't done major damage to the transmission.

Thanks for you advice, much appreciated!
FollowupID: 18212

Sponsored Links