Is LPG out of cities availlable?

Submitted: Tuesday, Aug 05, 2003 at 20:28
ThreadID: 6383 Views:2148 Replies:6 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all,

recently I've bought used 4WD - driving on gas and petrol - without knowing and without being told by the dealer that the petrol tank was made smaller by one of the previous owners. I've thought that I have the double amount of tank volume - 90l petrol and 60l LPG-. Today at the petrol station I realized that the volume of the petrol tank is 45 litres only. My question: Is LPG availlable out of the major cities? Will I have Problems on Fraser, Cape York, Outback etc.?

The problems is that I am from Germany and only here for 9 month, so I don't know the infrastructure concerning gas very well. And does anybody knows whether I have any rights against the dealer?

Thanks a lot

Torsten
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Torsten - Tuesday, Aug 05, 2003 at 20:33

Tuesday, Aug 05, 2003 at 20:33
sorry double posting, because of the mistake in the title
*closed*
AnswerID: 26869

Reply By: Member - AndrewPatrol - Tuesday, Aug 05, 2003 at 20:48

Tuesday, Aug 05, 2003 at 20:48
You'll probably be ok on Fraser but keep your gas as backup and fill the petrol every opurtunity. Not sure about the other places but I'd imagine you're out of luck unless you resort to heaps of jerry cans (not very sensible but possible). generally gas is only available on the main highways.
AnswerID: 26873

Reply By: flappan - Wednesday, Aug 06, 2003 at 10:26

Wednesday, Aug 06, 2003 at 10:26
I didn't buy a dual fuel for this exact reason. It6s not so much the previous owners because thats the way its done. What they do is leave the Sub tank as the fuel tank ie 40l and replace the main tank as the Gas tank.

You wont get Gas past Cooktown, and to make the top end you will need a few Jerry Cans for Fuel.

Fraser wont be a prob, Outback . . . I'm thinking a similar problem to the Cape here.
AnswerID: 26919

Reply By: Member - Bonz (Vic) - Wednesday, Aug 06, 2003 at 20:09

Wednesday, Aug 06, 2003 at 20:09
I would think that the dealer would be well covered Torsten, you will need to carry fuel and I would invest in a longer range talk if I was you, its heaps safer with unleaded fuel. Thers heaps of unleaded available and a few web sites that give you locations of LPG places.So many places to go!
So much work to do :0(
AnswerID: 26980

Reply By: Member - Geoff & Karen - Thursday, Aug 07, 2003 at 17:55

Thursday, Aug 07, 2003 at 17:55
Hi Torsten, I used to manage a Mobil service station and I know they have a book you can get from most service stations and it has every service station in it and tells you exactly what fuel thay have, what credit cards they take, if they have food or not and some have the hours they are open. (You do have to ask over the counter for them') These books are free so don't let them sell them to you. If you have trouble getting one let me know cause I know our Mobil here in town has them and I might be able to forward one on to you.Kind Regards
Karen & Geoff
(Happy holidaying)
AnswerID: 27069

Reply By: Torsten - Tuesday, Aug 12, 2003 at 11:20

Tuesday, Aug 12, 2003 at 11:20
Thanks @ all for your help. I think I can manage my trip now. As you have recommended I bought two 20l jerry cans and use the gas as a spare tank. The booklet from the mobil is very good and also for me free;-)

My first trip last weekend was to Noosa and the great sandy national park. It was great, but unfortunately very crowded. Thanks @ all again, and you have a beautifull country. Thanks!
AnswerID: 27564

Sponsored Links