Defense pak

Submitted: Tuesday, Aug 05, 2003 at 21:49
ThreadID: 6389 Views:3697 Replies:5 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
G'Day
Has anyone had the Defense Pak done to there 4wd and if so I would like to know if it was worth it especially the paint protection.

Darren
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Tuesday, Aug 05, 2003 at 21:55

Tuesday, Aug 05, 2003 at 21:55
Paint protection.. read the fine print well, I had one of them on my 1990 Rodeo ute, and the fine print got them out of it, including returning to them regularly for 'checks', and if you damage the car at all and needs repainting of ANY panels, your void of their warranty. thats the one I had anyway..

Personally, a good wax and polish regularly does the same, and is cheaper.

YMMV
AnswerID: 26883

Follow Up By: Darren - Tuesday, Aug 05, 2003 at 22:13

Tuesday, Aug 05, 2003 at 22:13
Same kind 10year warranty and so . Car allready had it on just try to find out if it is worth keeping it going as I have been told after a while it cracks.
FollowupID: 18419

Follow Up By: Matt (W.A.) - Wednesday, Aug 06, 2003 at 08:48

Wednesday, Aug 06, 2003 at 08:48
I have/had it on the Paj they only wanted $100 smackers every 6 months... to do a "Check Up" and "Re-Apply" Bollocks the Paint protection. I took it back once and they said in the report that they had Re-Applied the "Armour Coated Teflon Impregnated Titanium Reinforced...Blah Blah Blah...Polish! (That you buy from K-Mart or Similar) when in all reality they had done nothing! I had washed and polished the Paj the night before and had noticed a few spots i had missed so I left them, they were still there after the "Treatment". They then tried to sting me for a Detail $27 Smackers saying that the Paj wasn’t Adequately Clean for them to do their stuff.........

Stick with a good quality Polish and Cloth.

(My opinion only)

HTH
Keep It On The Rough Stuff

Matt (W.A.)
FollowupID: 18442

Reply By: Eric - Tuesday, Aug 05, 2003 at 21:56

Tuesday, Aug 05, 2003 at 21:56
is this in a new car purchase /.??? if yes I beleive there mostly over priced gimicks, save your money , you might cope getter with the value loss
AnswerID: 26884

Follow Up By: Darren - Tuesday, Aug 05, 2003 at 22:09

Tuesday, Aug 05, 2003 at 22:09
It allready had it done when I brought it ex demo now they have sent letter saying it needs a check up and it will cost $$$ for the check up.
And of course you buy a 4wd to use it as one, so there is one or two scratch's on it (ask my wife and she will tell you more than one or two). So really try to find out if it is just a gimick or not.
FollowupID: 18418

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Tuesday, Aug 05, 2003 at 22:32

Tuesday, Aug 05, 2003 at 22:32
Darren in that case, dont bother with it.. Eric said it, its a GIMMICK.

most times they have the token blonde selling that part to you, as its a no brainer, just take the $$ and send you on your way.
FollowupID: 18421

Reply By: Mick - Tuesday, Aug 05, 2003 at 23:01

Tuesday, Aug 05, 2003 at 23:01
I agree with all above. Buy a good quality polish or sealer and apply it your self. Forget about paying for checks - just have a good close look yourself. By the way manufacturers go to a lot of trouble making sure their finish is durable as. Gone are the days of fading paint after a couple of years. For fabric protection I like Scotchguard at less than $10 a can.
AnswerID: 26898

Reply By: Wheelerdog - Wednesday, Aug 06, 2003 at 10:24

Wednesday, Aug 06, 2003 at 10:24
My old man has had paint protection applied to all his new 4bies over the last 10 years or so, he never has check ups and as far as i know he is not required to do so. He swears by it and has never had a problem. He hasn't had to polish a car for all that time and it makes it a hell of a lot easier to wash. I'll find out what its called and post the details.
AnswerID: 26917

Reply By: Taj - Wednesday, Aug 06, 2003 at 20:24

Wednesday, Aug 06, 2003 at 20:24
I bought a 99 Prado new and part of the deal was a protection package from Ming, which included Beach rust proofing with a 6 year no rust warranty, under body sound proofing, paint protection, interior dash and fabric protection. I sold the vehicle a year ago and found for the 3 years I had the vehicle, the paint looked like brand new with only using water and a sponge to wash it. The interior dash etc looked as if it was freshly armour oiled without the greasiness, just needed a wipe over with a cloth. As for the rust and sound proofing...well there was no rust but that is to be expected with a vehicle of that age. The only condition was that I was to have it checked every 6 months for a fee of $25 which included any repair of the sound proofing. I believe I got my money back on resale value alone as the car exterior/interior looked like new.
AnswerID: 26983

Sponsored Links