Dingo Dell and points in between and beyond...

Submitted: Wednesday, Aug 06, 2003 at 12:46
ThreadID: 6396 Views:2009 Replies:4 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Did a two day trip to the Blue Mountains NP weekend before last - what a special place this is. Visited the Kanangra Walls area and then some bush driving to camp at Dingo Dell overnight - talk about shiver me timbers....and everything else. Minus 6.5 outside and an almost toasting minus 3 inside the tent. Had a visit from a ranger about 1030 pm (yep pm) on the sunday night. Did Limeburners Track on the way out and the kids found a geocache at the lunch spot. Snow all through the state pine forest from the Oberon road - the place was really something special and I would recommend the trip through this area. Might be cold but the crowds are certainly light.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: flappan - Wednesday, Aug 06, 2003 at 13:49

Wednesday, Aug 06, 2003 at 13:49
Top place isn't it.

We did that trip last Oct, and it was still early single figure temps o'night with frost. Not sure I would want to be there in Winter . . . struth.
AnswerID: 26939

Reply By: athol - Wednesday, Aug 06, 2003 at 14:18

Wednesday, Aug 06, 2003 at 14:18
I agree beautiful area up there I used to go up there quite a lot , even drowned my old Jackaroo up to the bonnet/ dashboard in the Kowmung river and I tell you if you want to know cold try attaching a snatch strap under water in the middle of winter. I think my little spudleys are still shrunken (thats my excuse to the ladies). I had heard Limeburners was locked up, so I'll have to get up there again.
Athol.
AnswerID: 26941

Reply By: roscoe - Wednesday, Aug 06, 2003 at 14:40

Wednesday, Aug 06, 2003 at 14:40
Kiwiangler and I did it in early July and we thought it was cold at-0.5degrees. It would have been good to see it in snow conditions but. Magical views to the Kanangra Walls and the Morong Falls. I'll have to do it again and spend some time doing the walks too.

Seeya, Roscoe.
AnswerID: 26942

Follow Up By: KiwiAngler - Wednesday, Aug 06, 2003 at 18:58

Wednesday, Aug 06, 2003 at 18:58
Gidday Roscoe
Yeah we had a ball, over 780kms that weekend. The Kanangra Walls is an excellent view. The Morong Falls looked good as it had rained the week before. Saw a couple of Wombats (or is that Wambats :-)), foxes, Roos etc.
As Roscoe says we will have to re-do this trip to see the detail we missed.
Who knows the history behind Limeburners? I send a trek diary of all my trips back to family and friends and try to get the history of the places I visit. Havent been able to get much on limeburners.
We combined a couple of trips and ended up at Hill End and returned to Sydney via the Bridle Track, great views also.
Cheers and Beers
FollowupID: 18489

Follow Up By: Patrol22 (Queanbeyan - Thursday, Aug 07, 2003 at 20:31

Thursday, Aug 07, 2003 at 20:31
Don't know but it would be interesting to find out - my google search hasn't found me anything yet but I'll keep trying. Maybe the ExplorOz Team know a bit about 'limeburners' - what about it guys.
FollowupID: 18596

Reply By: Member - Bill- Wednesday, Aug 06, 2003 at 17:53

Wednesday, Aug 06, 2003 at 17:53
Yerranderie is a really great to detour too if you have the time. Even showers at the town camp.Regds

Bill
AnswerID: 26966

Follow Up By: Patrol22 (Queanbeyan - Thursday, Aug 07, 2003 at 20:27

Thursday, Aug 07, 2003 at 20:27
Yeah Bill - heard Yerranderie is a great stop. Unfortunately we just ran out of time. Plans are on the drawing board to do a Yerranderie weekend before mid-spring when the crowds start to build again.
FollowupID: 18595

Sponsored Links