Ox Hydraulic winch

Submitted: Saturday, Jan 12, 2002 at 01:00
ThreadID: 643 Views:3004 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I have the opportunity to buy one of these at the rite price. Has anyone out there had any experience with these winches?
Cheers Rob
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Graham - Sunday, Jan 13, 2002 at 01:00

Sunday, Jan 13, 2002 at 01:00
I have one fitted to my Hilux, and although I have only used it in anger a couple of times, it has worked faultlessly. In one situation I needed to reverse back down a VERY steep descent, as the winch operates both in and out, it turned a potential dangerous situation into a reletively easy operation, thouroughly wrapped.

Graham.
AnswerID: 1735

Reply By: jeremy - Monday, Jan 14, 2002 at 01:00

Monday, Jan 14, 2002 at 01:00
Buy it !
I have fitted and used the OX hydraulic Winch's heaps and they are a great winch ! For starters they are continious an will run constant all day !, they have a slower line speed but do have a 2 speed retrevial, they run on the power steering system of your vehicle and run in line, they have over ride valves so the winch does not effect your steering. In this situation when i have been winching with one, all you can notice if you steer too much is your line speed gets a little slower ! and due to the fact that they are not electric they can pull to there full compacity all the time........ with an electric you can only do this when your battery is at 100% which is hardly ever ! I have a near new Warn 9000 on my vehicle at the moment and would gladly swap it for an OX ! after using both its the OX that outshines! or if you want a electic to perform its the Ramsay Platnum 9000 you need !
Hope that all helped !....Happy camping !
Jeremy
AnswerID: 1740

Reply By: Peter Moore - Tuesday, Jan 15, 2002 at 01:00

Tuesday, Jan 15, 2002 at 01:00
I haven't used an Ox winch but am keen to find one at THE RIGHT PRICE. If you buy let us know what you think
AnswerID: 1752

Reply By: Andrew - Thursday, Jan 24, 2002 at 01:00

Thursday, Jan 24, 2002 at 01:00
Ive heard there good but i know not ever 4x4 has astrong enought pump to power them. Just bewary otherwise you will not the the maximum pull.
AnswerID: 1833

Sponsored Links