Bridgestone Dueler HP

Submitted: Sunday, Aug 10, 2003 at 08:12
ThreadID: 6471 Views:3603 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all,

We are planning a day trip upto Old Settler's Road and Yengo NP soon. A friend that has just bought a 99 Challenger will be joining us. However the tyres on it are Bridgestone Dueler HP's which are directional high performance on-road tyres.

Looking at Bridgestone's website, there is no mention of what if any off-road capability the Dueler HP has.

Has anyone had any experience with these tyres in an offroad situation?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: landie - Sunday, Aug 10, 2003 at 09:20

Sunday, Aug 10, 2003 at 09:20
Hi, not sure about the tyre specific performance, however the roads and tracks are fairly good on this trip and I would be surprised if you have any problems.
AnswerID: 27320

Reply By: Ron - Sunday, Aug 10, 2003 at 22:25

Sunday, Aug 10, 2003 at 22:25
Hi Savvas,
The Dueler HP is, as you say, an on road tyre. The Dueler D693 AT is the one Bridgestone make for off road. Haven't had experience with the HP off road.
AnswerID: 27393

Reply By: tim_s - Monday, Aug 11, 2003 at 11:28

Monday, Aug 11, 2003 at 11:28
Savvas

I think the tyres are Dueler HT, not HP (at least that is what they are on my MY01 challenger). Although I dislike the tyres (poor wear - 37k and almost shot, and poor in wet) they should be ok for easier trails. Infact I have recently been to Landcruiser Mountain Park, where I tried to finish off the tyres for good. Despite a fair bit of wheel slip in the rougher stuff, they got me where I wanted to go, just not as easily as an AT tyre. Lost a few chunks, but they are still in one piece - damn!

Hope this helps

Tim
AnswerID: 27429

Follow Up By: Savvas - Monday, Aug 11, 2003 at 15:14

Monday, Aug 11, 2003 at 15:14
Thanks Tim

Most definitely HP's on this one. Sports car tyres for a 4WD.

The vehicle has about 80,000kms on it and these are not the original tyres. If they were the Dueler HT's, I probably wouldn't be asking as I'd expect that there is some offroad capability.
FollowupID: 18897

Follow Up By: Member - Rohan K - Tuesday, Aug 12, 2003 at 15:08

Tuesday, Aug 12, 2003 at 15:08
Hey Savvas,

we've done a couple of trips up there in the Pathy which is currently shod in the HTs (not the HPs, than ggodness). We ran raod pressures and had absolutely no problems at all - not even a hint of traction loss. There's not enough on these tracks (the main ones, at least) to challenge the tyres. While the HPs are even more road-biased performance than the HTs, unless it get wets, I doubt they'll have any problem. Perhaps dropping the pressure to something around 28 psi would make up for the difference between the HP and HT. Just make sure you don't hit anything at speed as the softer sidewalls may not appreciate it. Smile, you're on ExplorOz
Rohan (Sydney - on the QLD side of the Harbour Bridge)
FollowupID: 18995

Sponsored Links