Diesel prices ....... again

Submitted: Friday, Jan 02, 2009 at 09:34
ThreadID: 64722 Views:2438 Replies:5 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Have a look here, terminal gate price variation between ULP and Diesel is around 18c/l.

That explains why the variation at the pump is 35c/l at my local Shell in Canberra?

No doubt ACA will jump on this as a serious news issue and put all their investigative resources behind their Clark Kent like hunt for truth, justice and the ...damb, wrong super hero! No doubt Harry Screwball will also have a valid opinion, and thus must also contribute to the story!
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Hairs & Fysh (NSW) - Friday, Jan 02, 2009 at 10:56

Friday, Jan 02, 2009 at 10:56
Your going to love this,
I had a bloke the other day that owns a BobCat and Tipper business try and tell me the reason diesel is so dear is because there are so many of us retail diesel users these days.
So I asked him who was paying for his fuel rebate when he does his BAS?
Didn't have an answer for that did he?.

But 35/l variation isn't just in Canberra, it seems to be the norm everywhere these days.
AnswerID: 342208

Reply By: Member - John Q (QLD) - Friday, Jan 02, 2009 at 13:07

Friday, Jan 02, 2009 at 13:07
My local garage in Brisbane had a difference of 19cents/litre this morning. $1.025ULP/$1.217Diesel.

I have just completed a trip around the country during the past 5 months & while there were many places with a variance of 20 to 25 cents I was surprised particularly in the Port Wakefield/Moonta area in SA of a difference of 40cents/litre.

ACCC do something about it? You have to be kidding!

John
just crusin & smelling the flowers

1. At Halls Creek (Is he really lost?)
2. East of Cameron Cnr

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 342228

Reply By: glids - Friday, Jan 02, 2009 at 13:25

Friday, Jan 02, 2009 at 13:25
Come on you diesel owners, start the new year by applying a bit of pressure. Following is an email I am sending to the Petrol Commissioner, whose email address is:
petrol.monitoring@accc.gov.au

Hello Mr Dimasi,

Some time ago I wrote to my local MP and the Assistant Treasurer regarding the relative costs of diesel and petrol fuels, and eventually received correspondence that amounted to platitudes that the government had appointed a Petrol Commissioner (your predecessor). Actually, one of my complaints was that the title of the commissioner was ‘Petrol’ and not ‘Fuel’ so as to convey the message that ALL fuels would be closely monitored.

I have been angered by the difference between petrol and diesel costs, and the failure of diesel to come down by anything like the same extent as petrol. This was particularly acute when many folk were celebrating the reduction of petrol to $1.00/L, but diesel was still $1.43 in Adelaide. Why a 43% differential?

This morning I came across the following website:
http://www.aip.com.au/pricing/tgp/index.htm

Now these are supposed to be official local AIP figures, so why is not more being done by your office to pressure the oil companies into reducing the diesel cost? I would like to be advised at either of the following addresses.

You may wish to use similar wording, and modify the wording as appropriate to your situation (particularly the first paragraph). Also, provide your email and postal address, as I have (but not shown here).

cheers,
glids
AnswerID: 342230

Reply By: Kroozer - Friday, Jan 02, 2009 at 17:11

Friday, Jan 02, 2009 at 17:11
Funny that, only a 5c/litre difference where i am.

Unleaded $1.45/L - Diesel $1.50/L.

For the price you guys are getting it i wouldnt be complaining at all. We are over the moon, price drop of 55c/L within 3 months.

Just be happy you pay what your paying for it now.
AnswerID: 342269

Follow Up By: hallmark1 - Friday, Jan 02, 2009 at 19:41

Friday, Jan 02, 2009 at 19:41
Hi Everyone One thing with diesel is the rebate the govt gives truckies I think 5/6yrs ago I was getting 20c/ltr and I think it the same today.A mate has a courier business in country Vic and he tells me he gets a rebate from Mobil of 18cents a ltr.So 38 cents a ltr is not bad makes the diesel well priced for business and thats why us battlers are paying $1.34 in northern VIc and elsewhere.
Why would the fuel companys and govt change the pricing for
privateers when in percentage terms is bugger all.

Cheers Baz
FollowupID: 610000

Reply By: aka - Saturday, Jan 03, 2009 at 08:39

Saturday, Jan 03, 2009 at 08:39
I retired 4 years ago we were getting cent's a litre rebate we still had to pay tax on that but not so bad I think in about 1979 a (GREATTHINKING) prime minister of our country doubled the price of diesel over nite something to do with world parity LOAD OF CRAP
AnswerID: 342377

Sponsored Links