CREB Track Feedback

My Son and I did the Creb track from North to South on new years day. We have a 07 3ltr Patrol wagon and managed to get through. We had to clear a few trees between China Camp and Daintree river and it looked like we were the first on the track for a while. It is clearly a challenge and I don't think I would do it again in the wet season, especially since it rained heavily the night before. The daintree crossing was half way up the doors and running reasonably fast.

All in all, the most exciting and challenging track I have been on.

I am not sure if the track is closed or if the surrounding comunity is playing games. There were some unofficial signs saying it was closed.

Next time I will take a chainsaw.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Footloose - Saturday, Jan 03, 2009 at 18:28

Saturday, Jan 03, 2009 at 18:28
Post 63759 might help to explain it .
AnswerID: 342451

Reply By: Member - Cookie & Di - Sunday, Jan 04, 2009 at 20:12

Sunday, Jan 04, 2009 at 20:12
They probably were official signs as the Creb track is closed during the wet season.
AnswerID: 342621

Reply By: Member - Jaap C (QLD) - Monday, Jan 05, 2009 at 13:28

Monday, Jan 05, 2009 at 13:28
And we wonder why tracks and places are closed to us in the future
AnswerID: 342716

Follow Up By: Member - Tony B (QLD) - Monday, Jan 05, 2009 at 17:46

Monday, Jan 05, 2009 at 17:46
Jaap C. A bit harsh. Have you tried to find the current status of the CREB Track? It was supposed to be open mid to late December at last report. He may have made a mistake but they did not mean to. The advice to be given is if you can not find the current road open status, the phone number to call is listed on the web site and that would always be the best option. Cheers Tony.
FollowupID: 610432

Reply By: Lesh - Monday, Jan 05, 2009 at 14:24

Monday, Jan 05, 2009 at 14:24
After reviewing the previous posts regarding possible current closure of the track. I was distraught at the fact I may have been so stupid.

I understand from my own research that the track is managed by the Wet Tropics Management Authority. As this is the case, I reviewed their website at the following address

http://www.wettropics.gov.au/media/med_2008.html

As can be seen, the track was opened for access on 15th August, and has not advised closure to date.

Is this the only governing body? or does someone else call the shots???

Concerned
AnswerID: 342719

Follow Up By: Member - Tony B (QLD) - Monday, Jan 05, 2009 at 17:57

Monday, Jan 05, 2009 at 17:57
Lesh - I replied to your new thread but for archive reasons. Best to call to see if this track is open, as it opens and closes quite often. Phone number is on the site you posted. It proberly was closed as I could not find where they had re-opened it after they closed it in November for Ergon Works. You were lucky you did not get stuck if it rained the night before - I would say you got through because no on had used the track, many people have been stuck in there just after rain when the track is a bit dug up. Always take a chainsaw on this track and any rainforrest track. The Daintree sounds like it was just passable - Ive crossed it a few times near that depth, but you were pushing the limits, so heart would have been in the mouth. :-). Obviously there was not a lot of rain or you would have not got across the Bloomfield river. Its a great track, lets hope they keep it open. Cheers Tony
FollowupID: 610434

Sponsored Links