Sea Sak Dry Bags

Submitted: Saturday, Jan 03, 2009 at 19:23
ThreadID: 64779 Views:4920 Replies:5 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
After my last swim in the river has anyone tried one of these..Its for my electronic equipment,handhelds etc etc..

Want to know if completely waterproof..Autobarn are selling them on special i think..

Sea Sak

Cheers
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Top End Explorer Tours - Saturday, Jan 03, 2009 at 19:34

Saturday, Jan 03, 2009 at 19:34
Hey Warfer

I used one of these, when we used to carry cameras and alike while swimming up Twin Falls gorge.

They worked well, we also used a plastic bin liner as well, I never lost a camera to water, but everything that was put in there was done so at the owners risk.

Cheers Steve
AnswerID: 342460

Reply By: MEMBER - Darian (SA) - Saturday, Jan 03, 2009 at 19:51

Saturday, Jan 03, 2009 at 19:51
Have used something just about identical - much the same closure - mine is designated a 'Baja Bag' - came from Scout Outdoors I think - various sizes - quite robust and we trust valuables to it, in a wet environment - no drama to date.
AnswerID: 342462

Reply By: Member - Adam S (SA) - Saturday, Jan 03, 2009 at 21:56

Saturday, Jan 03, 2009 at 21:56
G'day Warfer,

As with everything, some Dry Sacks are better than others.

I would make sure you test it, before trusting it with your valuables.
You can have a look at this sitehttp://evosport.com.au/bags-dry-storage/ to get an idea what of the different bags and prices.

Adam.
AnswerID: 342491

Reply By: kennym - Saturday, Jan 03, 2009 at 22:06

Saturday, Jan 03, 2009 at 22:06
I have used these types of dry bags a lot over the years for white water and sea kayaking. My experience is that they will generally keep the water out when done up properly and if only partially or occasionally submerged, but may still let in dampness or moisture when submerged for long periods of time. If Iam caring electronics in a dry bag I try to put it in a clip lock bag or 2 as well to try and help keep out any damness or moisture.

Rafting companies generally use otter cases or such with hard cases and seals for storing clients valuable camera's etc. Can be a bit expencsive, but will keep things dry. Depends on how wet you get and how valuable your gear is I supose.
http://www.otterbox.com/
http://www.waterproofgear.com.au

Have fun.
Ken
AnswerID: 342493

Reply By: Member - Warfer (VIC) - Sunday, Jan 04, 2009 at 01:29

Sunday, Jan 04, 2009 at 01:29
Thanks guys for all your input,I have learned one lesson,put all your electronic gear or anything you keep in your cabin and dont wont to get wet (even melways,there about $30-$40 bucks alone) in one waterproof grab bag.
Vehicles fill up quick at bonnet height with some river flow if you get stuck...

Even Dunny Rolls need to be in airtight bag (i keep in cabin),once wet bit's go through the carpet,speaker vents (ugly) ok when eventually dries out it blows out..

Its all a learning Adventure..Six months in the Biz isn't long but learning heaps..

Cheers
AnswerID: 342515

Sponsored Links