HJ60 Wiper Motors

Submitted: Saturday, Jan 03, 2009 at 20:26
ThreadID: 64783 Views:1876 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi Everyone
Looking for some guidance please.
I know I can get them on E bay (I am not looking for a short term fix) and they are as rare as hens teeth at the wreckers but does some one know of anywhere else you can get them? I went through a lot of pain with Landcruisermart here in Brisvegas and went through 3 before I got the right one. I have 2 HJ60 vehicles, both are working at the moment but with all this rain it wont be long. Are there other options to replace the motor with I am not thinking about?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Splits - Sunday, Jan 04, 2009 at 13:02

Sunday, Jan 04, 2009 at 13:02
Rob

This idea might not be any use to you if you are not the do it yourself type but if original replacement parts are not available and aftermarket items are not of good enough quality, then it is usually very easy to adapt wiper motors off later cars to just about any earlier models.

This photo shows one of the more extreme examples. I made it while fitting the popular Mini wiper system to an old Chev hot rod. I did not want to retain the old worn out motor. It consists of the cable and slide mechanism from a 1968 Mini adapted to a late Commodore motor. A few more parts like side plates to stop the yellow slide track from falling out and mounting brackets have been added since the photo was taken.

I would imagine fitting a much later and readily available motor to a Landcruiser would be a lot easier than this conversion.

Brian

[img]
[/img]
AnswerID: 342564

Reply By: Member - Rob - Monday, Jan 05, 2009 at 07:39

Monday, Jan 05, 2009 at 07:39
Thanks Splits

Not that mechanically minded but I am prepared to give it a go.
Will let you know how it goes.
Rob
AnswerID: 342659

Sponsored Links