Stole Caravan - Perth

Submitted: Friday, Jan 09, 2009 at 13:44
ThreadID: 64959 Views:3416 Replies:5 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi Everyone

Toyota club members in Perth have had their brand new caravan stolen last night Thursday 8 January 2009 where it was locked up in an industrial lot in Wangara.

Details are:

COROMAL PRINCETON 20ft
Reg No MH 70641
Chassis Number 6FVT2102077C34344

White in colour with grey 'PRINCETON' markings

Mag wheels

One spare tyre on bumper and over to one side. Tyre has cover with 'MANDURAH CARAVAN RV CENTRE' on it.

Checker plate surround

Roll up awning

The owners are offering a very substantial reward for it’s recovery. It has been reported to the Police

Keep your eyes open for it.

PS Check your insurance policy on your caravan to see if you are covered for having it parked in an Industrial Estate.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: DCTriton - Friday, Jan 09, 2009 at 13:55

Friday, Jan 09, 2009 at 13:55
"PS Check your insurance policy on your caravan to see if you are covered for having it parked in an Industrial Estate."

I take it this is an issue in this case...???

I hope the outcome is for the better...
AnswerID: 343412

Reply By: Member - Dunworkin (WA) - Friday, Jan 09, 2009 at 15:06

Friday, Jan 09, 2009 at 15:06
Will keep an eye out for it, I sincerely hope that you find it, a friend of a friend got theirs stolen early last year for Kardinya, his was taken out of his carport one night while they were asleep in the house, they have replaced it under unsurance. I know what I would like to do with these poor excuse for the human race.

Cheers

Deanna

Simba, our much missed baby.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 343422

Reply By: Member - Phil G (SA) - Friday, Jan 09, 2009 at 21:17

Friday, Jan 09, 2009 at 21:17
Do the owners of the Industrial Estate carry insurance for goods stolen from their site?
AnswerID: 343479

Reply By: Doggy Tease - Saturday, Jan 10, 2009 at 20:42

Saturday, Jan 10, 2009 at 20:42
its now saturday so this may be a bit late.
saw this very van on friday arvo southbound on the freeway, it was being towed by a white 100 series. there was a bloke driving and he got of at russell road.
yes i'm sure it is the van, i sat behind it for awhile on the freeway thinking that it was a very nice rig.

meow.

rick.
AnswerID: 343620

Follow Up By: Ups and Downs - Saturday, Jan 10, 2009 at 23:56

Saturday, Jan 10, 2009 at 23:56
Rick

Thanks for that. I've passed on your observations to the owners.
I hope it helps them in some way.
Thanks again for bothering.

Paul
FollowupID: 611466

Reply By: Flywest - Sunday, Jan 11, 2009 at 00:49

Sunday, Jan 11, 2009 at 00:49
Probably won't help a lot, the white 100 series is probably stolen as well! ;o)

Probably the same ol friendly looking couple who stole the white 100 series from the 4wd hire co in Mandurah and a Pop top from a hire co in Pinjara - and have been doing the round oz trip - I guess they wanted more room! LOL

Probably sold the pop top for travelling cash and stole the van to replace it.

When you catch em they owe me 150 liters of diesel at $2 bucks a liter!

You know - when you have these $20K plus "toys" - it IS possible to thwart these guys......

http://www.ezitrak.com.au/

After many years "experience" with this type of thing - I know for a fact that basically we are all apathetic until after the fact - mistakenly believing that "our insurer will make us whole again"....yeah right!

It's not until after you suffer the loss that you then suddenly think - hang on maybe I NEED TO TAKE SOME RESPONSIBILITY for protecting my own goods.

Tell your friend when he gets his new van to install a tracking alarm system - it would have rung him & woken him as it was being stolen, as well as told him where it was to be recovered by police along with the crims..

Doesn't matter - no one will spend about $1800 on one of these systems - until after they have been a victim - no matter how much or many times or how many forums I type the info on.

In these days and ages of "bump keys" (hint google is your friend) - I have zero sympathy for anyone's gear that gets nicked, purely because it is preventable.

Theres no excuse these days - try waiting for the police to solve the crime (yeah - as if!).

Go to the police with the info to get a conviction and they will be all over each other to go arrest the crooks and get the recognition for solving the crime.

These days - without the info from such a device your wasting your time even reporting theft - solving crimes is a joke with our Police. force - they are too busy hiding in the bushes raising taxes for the govt behind a camera and flash!

Tough break - but really folks - bye now you should all know better!

Cheers
AnswerID: 343644

Sponsored Links