FRESHWATER

Submitted: Saturday, Jan 10, 2009 at 11:33
ThreadID: 64983 Views:1609 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Good Morning All

Could someone advise what the conditions are like at Rainbow Beach please. Looking to do the Rainbow run down to Noosa tomorrow with some visitors to Qld. I see isolated showers and Fresh South easterly but expected that anyway! I just needed to get an update as I have not been up that way for a couple of years. Low tide is at 2.45pm.
Many Thanks
Morto
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Scott & Gaby (Canada) - Saturday, Jan 10, 2009 at 11:42

Saturday, Jan 10, 2009 at 11:42
Good morning Rob or Good evening from over here in Canada. Sorry Mate, don't know what the conditions are but up here the beach is snow and the water, well she's hard.
Have a good one
AnswerID: 343551

Follow Up By: Member - Rob - Saturday, Jan 10, 2009 at 12:04

Saturday, Jan 10, 2009 at 12:04
Hey Scott & Gaby

Thanks for the update on your side of the world! Wife and I are talking about heading to your neck of the woods in a couple of years.
Snow on the beach and hard water, now that is a trip I would like to do.
Ciao for now. I hope you are sitting by the fire, feet up and thinking about our beaches!
Rob

FollowupID: 611396

Reply By: Mark Taylor - Saturday, Jan 10, 2009 at 12:04

Saturday, Jan 10, 2009 at 12:04
Rob.. the weather guys are predicting king tides and high winds for this weekend.. Breakfast Creek in Brisbane was so high this morning it was spilling over into the the ICB tunnel near the Breaky Creek Hotel.

I was actually going up to Noosa North Shore myself tomorrow but have cancelled.

Moreton Island has campers trapped behind the dunes as the beach on the Western side has eroded with the high seas.

Take care if you go!

Cheers

Mark T
AnswerID: 343558

Follow Up By: Member - Rob - Saturday, Jan 10, 2009 at 14:15

Saturday, Jan 10, 2009 at 14:15
Thanks Mark

Unfortunately I have to head up there as I am towing a freinds van up that way so I might drive down to the Freshwater picnic grounds and poke my head out there at low tide. If it is ugly I will just turn around. Live webcams are showing the winds and the ensuing sandblasting for vehicles.
Thanks for the update. I will let you know how it goes.
Rob
FollowupID: 611414

Sponsored Links