GU Patrol Grille - how do I get the plastic clips out at the bottom and middle

Submitted: Saturday, Jan 10, 2009 at 22:19
ThreadID: 65002 Views:4835 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Well I worked out how to get the top ones out and someohow ONE of the bottom clips became detatched when I fiddles for ages trying to get it apart, but HOW do you get the centre one (behind the Nissan badge) and the two bottom outside ones out?

The outside ones have like a screwdriver slot in them but when you turn it it strips out cause theyre plastic and the centre one is a COMPLETE mystery.

Some Nissan guru must;ve done this and can let me in on the secret...please!

I have pulled out a headlight to get the dust out of it. Hence the need.

Thanx in anticipation

Time is an illusion produced by the passage of history

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Trevor R (QLD) - Saturday, Jan 10, 2009 at 23:19

Saturday, Jan 10, 2009 at 23:19
I have done it a few times on my Green Patrol, Bonz but stuffed if I remember it being that hard, I think they are all removed the same way (with the slotted screw driver and turn 1/4 turn before just pulling the whole clip out). Maybe the middle one is just pushed in and pulled out once all the outer ones have been freed up but I really can't remember without looking at it again. I've had to do mine for the locusts I have driven through a few times, they are bad again in some areas now, and I will try to do my new Patrol again soon as it has been through two plagues recently (looks like cr@p in there at the moment).

Good luck with it.
Trevor.
AnswerID: 343638

Reply By: Skippy In The GU - Saturday, Jan 10, 2009 at 23:31

Saturday, Jan 10, 2009 at 23:31
I think you need to sqeeze the sides, not sure if it was the vertical or horizontal , they do come off easy , i think i had my whole grill off within 30 sec at one stage
AnswerID: 343641

Reply By: Member - Bucky, the "Mexican"- Sunday, Jan 11, 2009 at 09:03

Sunday, Jan 11, 2009 at 09:03
Bonz

Centre one.... you should just squeeze it together, and it will release.You may have dirt between the clipping lugs, which will not allow you to squeeze and release.

Outside bottom ones.....from what I remember, this needs to be done from both sides...you will need to find the square lug, (and retaining hole) it should be located just below the bottom of the grill, where the sloping headlight grille bit meets the main body of the grille, and then under a bit more.... And with the other hand reach in and help the clip bit..

Hope I got that bit right, as I am explaining it, I am getting confused too !

Cheers Mate
Bucky

Cheers Bucky
AnswerID: 343666

Follow Up By: Bonz (Vic) - Sunday, Jan 11, 2009 at 09:05

Sunday, Jan 11, 2009 at 09:05
thanx Bucky my hands must be too big I cant get at the outside bottom ones, will go give it another try
Time is an illusion produced by the passage of history

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 611490

Sponsored Links