Birdsville Races

Submitted: Monday, Aug 11, 2003 at 17:59
ThreadID: 6507 Views:1587 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
G'Day All, just wondering if anyone was making their way to Birdsville for the races this year from the south. Just been to the Louth Races last weekend and it was a bloody fantastic weekend - if your ever in Louth around August definately go!!Anyway thinking of heading up to Birdsville again but can't round up to much support just yet! I'm in central western NSW.
Oh yeah, changing the topic a bit but if anyone gets the oppurtunity to buy a suspension seat for their 4B then do it. I put a KAB one in my 75 series and it feels like driving a 100 series (well except for the lack of room and noise and.......)
Cheers,
Hughesy
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Alex B - Monday, Aug 11, 2003 at 22:25

Monday, Aug 11, 2003 at 22:25
G'day Hughesy, excuse the dumb question but when are the Birdsville race held ?
It's something that Cheryle and I have been saying we are going to do for years but just haven't got around to doing.
Also what model KAB did you put in your troopy? Did it fit in without too many hassles /mods? How much did it cost?

Cheers
Alex

AnswerID: 27524

Follow Up By: Hughesy - Tuesday, Aug 12, 2003 at 06:35

Tuesday, Aug 12, 2003 at 06:35
Alex, the Birdsville races are held on the first fri sat of sept which this year is the 5 and 6th. One of those things you just have to do.

The KAB seat i think is a 300 model and I got it second hand for $550 in as new condition. ALl you have to do is pull the seat rails off the old original seat and mount them on the bottom of the KAB seat and then bolt back in. Took probably an hour all up max. Takes a couple of days to get used to it because you sit higher and your body is moving while changing gears. But well worth it and you don't even notice it after a week. Good luck.

Cheers,
Hughesy

FollowupID: 18951

Reply By: Member - Alex B - Tuesday, Aug 12, 2003 at 09:19

Tuesday, Aug 12, 2003 at 09:19
Thanks Hughsey. Got to get to the races....maybe this year! If so I'll let you know.
Thanks for the info on the seats, I'll check them out.
cheers
alex
AnswerID: 27549

Sponsored Links