A mechanical question

Submitted: Tuesday, Jan 13, 2009 at 10:52
ThreadID: 65077 Views:2250 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived

Related Pages

4x4.... off road.... tours parts of Oz [small parts]... so maybe not O/T?

I am yet again replacing my steering box sector shaft for the L2202DT Kubota.

Hit a drain....not too hard really and yet again the teeth snapped on part of the worm drive [sector shaft].

I'm sure that I set everything up snug, tight and in line last time I put the new one in. A suggestion is that there should be stops to prevent the wheels going further than the steering will allow.

Any other ideas?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Footloose - Tuesday, Jan 13, 2009 at 11:24

Tuesday, Jan 13, 2009 at 11:24
. tours parts of Oz [small parts].....geez that's stretching the imagination a bit, isn't it ? LOL
Hope someone can help, I haven't got a clue. Closest I get is my sit on...hardly on topic.
AnswerID: 344074

Follow Up By: Member - Royce- Tuesday, Jan 13, 2009 at 11:39

Tuesday, Jan 13, 2009 at 11:39
Well..... I guess that the definition on 'on topic' is going to be open for definition and that the boundaries are sometimes tested.

By the same token, the 4wd [front wheel assist at least], off road, mechanical parts of the question are still fairly close to the mark. Lots of us are outdoorsy, exploring oz types and I certainly explore with my trusty [hmmm not so trusty] Kubota.

I just ordered the new part and the bloke let on that they had been having problems with a shaft that didn't suit... was 2mm shorter than required...

sure enough, I just compared the other shafts they provided and they are 2mm shorter!

At $300 each that's not nice.
FollowupID: 611953

Reply By: Member - reggy 2 (VIC) - Tuesday, Jan 13, 2009 at 12:12

Tuesday, Jan 13, 2009 at 12:12
hi there
most times the stopper is behind the hub near the third arm which is normaly ajustable
hope this helps
cheers reggy2
AnswerID: 344080

Reply By: Member - Malcolm (Townsville) - Tuesday, Jan 13, 2009 at 14:05

Tuesday, Jan 13, 2009 at 14:05
Hi Royce

Well it certainly is an off-road vehicle ....

(I know, I have one like it (IIRC L2201 - 2 wheel drive) with slasher - nearly tipped myself into a barbed wire fence when the rear wheel dropped into a hole. I was riding that thing like an outrigger on a yacht getting out of that mess. Still laugh about it to myself - nobody will ever know ;-) ).

6 months ago went out and bought a Kubota L1-R24DT (4x4) with FEL, ROPS, Canopy and slasher. They threw in a towball link and 20 litre sprayer. Just havn't had any time to use the thing yet. Maybe this year sometime.

Malcolm

living the 'good life'

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 344098

Follow Up By: Member - Royce- Tuesday, Jan 13, 2009 at 18:18

Tuesday, Jan 13, 2009 at 18:18
They are VERY unstable, specially with the FEL raised.

Sounds like your Kubota will be a good buy second hand some day... [little use].
FollowupID: 612023

Sponsored Links