Victory for Ningaloo Station

Submitted: Tuesday, Jan 13, 2009 at 15:36
ThreadID: 65084 Views:3124 Replies:4 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all,

Read the latest developments, which have just come to hand regarding Ningaloo Station.
Click on the link below and scroll down to the files titled 'Victory at Last'.

Click here: Ningaloo Station Blog

Included are both PDF and Word document file types.
Thanks

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Norm C (QLD) - Tuesday, Jan 13, 2009 at 16:32

Tuesday, Jan 13, 2009 at 16:32
Well that is wonderful news. A long and disgraceful episode for CALM.

We have not yet had the pleasure of a visit to Ningaloo, but it has been on our 'to do' list for some time. If CALM had taken over we probably would not have gone. Now we can ...and will.

Great work by all who supported Ningaloo through this action.

Norm C
AnswerID: 344120

Reply By: Fiona & Paul - Tuesday, Jan 13, 2009 at 16:46

Tuesday, Jan 13, 2009 at 16:46
Thanks for posting Damian, thats really good news for Nigaloo and it is on our list for our WA trip in a couple of months. Nice victory for common sense.

Paul H
OZ Downunder

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 344124

Reply By: uneekwahn - Tuesday, Jan 13, 2009 at 18:59

Tuesday, Jan 13, 2009 at 18:59
Perhaps someone could post what the documents say so that those who don't pay for access to this site can be made aware of the victory?

cheers,

Jason.
AnswerID: 344150

Follow Up By: Top End Explorer Tours - Tuesday, Jan 13, 2009 at 19:06

Tuesday, Jan 13, 2009 at 19:06
you don't have to be a member to click on the link.

Steve.
FollowupID: 612035

Follow Up By: uneekwahn - Tuesday, Jan 13, 2009 at 20:31

Tuesday, Jan 13, 2009 at 20:31
I click on the link, then click on the pdf/word document to read about the victory and it tells me I need to be a member to download linked documents!
FollowupID: 612051

Follow Up By: furph - Tuesday, Jan 13, 2009 at 20:38

Tuesday, Jan 13, 2009 at 20:38
But you need to be a member to view the attachments.

This complete information should be available to all, there are many thousands affected by these nonsensical bureacratic decisions.
We visited (for a short time only) Monkey Mia last year. What a joke, pay, stand in a line.......... I say no more.
furph

FollowupID: 612053

Follow Up By: Willem - Tuesday, Jan 13, 2009 at 20:56

Tuesday, Jan 13, 2009 at 20:56
Here

VICTORY AT LAST

This year will go down in Ningaloo Station’s history as V/C;
“VICTORY OVER CALM”,
And it’s all due to the tenacity and determination of the Lefroys, YOUR generous contribution to the cause, the professionalism of our solicitors, your letters and emails to politicians and the adherence to a pre election promise of the current Minister for Lands, the Honorable Brendon Grylls.

As you may be aware CALM arrogantly and unlawfully attempted to impose itself, in June 08, on Ningaloo stations “Wilderness camping”.
CALM asserted they were in the process of obtaining a licence, under section 91 of the Land Administration act, to effect this intrusion and management of the camping on the station.
CALMs absurd actions were questioned and rejected by the Lefroys who then, by securing the services of reputable solicitors was able to delay these matters, albeit temporarily.

Immediately after this event a snap state election was called and the government of the day moved into caretaker mode.
But to no surprise CALM must have seen the writing on the wall of the election outcome, as Colin Ingram [DECs Director of Parks and visitors services], Roland Mau [DECs OIC at Exmouth] and a number of DECs junior staff again attempted to physically impose themselves on Ningaloo Station, without any prior notice to the station owners, and attempted to fulfill their desire to control wilderness camping on the station.
Through the efforts of the Lefroys, the professionalism of our solicitors and the W.A. Police, CALM capitulated and retreated.
Prior to and during the election campaign Brendon Grylls publicly stated that the National party would fully support “Wilderness camping” on Ningaloo station under the management of the Lefroys. He now holds the government’s portfolio for Regional Development and Lands and has fulfilled his promise
The Minister has stated the advise from the State solicitors office is he is legally unable to issue any form of license or permit [section 91 licence] to CALM to take control of camping on Ningaloo station, and furthermore even if he did have the authority he would not issue any such license or permit.
CALMs previous actions were unlawfully audacious, intimidating, disrespectful and deceitful.
We have been unreservedly assured by the Minister “Wilderness camping” will continue on Ningaloo Station under the management of the Lefroys. This assurance is being enshrined in law to negate any adverse action by government or any departments in the future.

Would all campers and friends of Ningaloo Station write, email, fax or forward a “Thankyou” card to Minister B.Grylls at brendon.grylls@dpc.wa.gov.au or Dumas House, 2 Havelock Street, West Perth.6005, or fax [08] 92137001.

There are two other matters, pertaining to CALM illegally purchasing 50% share of the station and the pending excision of 48% of the station for the purported purpose of the Ningaloo marine park, which are being addressed by our solicitors and the Minister, and I am hopeful to be able to inform you of the outcome by the end of January.
Again thank you for your contribution, patience, letter writing, phone calls and hard yards BUT we have won this battle [and intend not to rest until all other matters are won] and that is in part a credit to you all.

Happy New Year, best regards and ENJOY “VC” YEAR
Billie, Jane and Phillip.Ningaloo Station

Cheers
FollowupID: 612057

Reply By: Flywest - Thursday, Jan 15, 2009 at 11:39

Thursday, Jan 15, 2009 at 11:39
A former CALM emloyee - this doesn't surprise me at all.

I recall testifying as a crown witness in the supreme court against 2 corrupt CALM employees who did time in jail (18 months & 3 years), for "official corruption".

Not surprisingly, one of those employees today works in the Water Authority in a position of fiduciary responsibility!

Thats just how Labor looks after their own - you can still work for govt, even with a criminal conviction fgor official corruption, (heck that would just make you fit in with all the other crooks in govt service even better!).

CALM (DEC) themselves have zero credibility with the public of WA and should be disbanded as a depratment.

Ever since they lost their cash cow fiundiung from hardwood Logging Royalties - CALM have been on the prowl for revenue opportunities and the whole Nongaloo thing is just like other situations around the state - where CALm have seen someone making a quid out of tourism and decided to steal the business by abusing their aquisition act powers.

Examples.

1. CALM saw that $ were being made in Walpole by the houseboat hire people.

Answer - make Walpole inlet into a marine park and charge the houseboat hire people pay a license fee equivalent to half their annual income in order to be alowed to continue to operate!

2. Ningaloo

3. Monkey Mia Dolphins - Where the townsfolk and pro fishers of Shark bay had been feeding the dolphins for generations - CALM comes along and creates Nat park & marine park to own the dog & pony circus act to "sell" the once "free" act to inernational tourists by the busload for huge fees.

Talk about using animals they SHOULD be protecting for profits

They are o different too a Dolphin park like used to be at Yanchep.

4. Donnelly River Boat ramp.

Used to be a community asset built by volunteers who had squatters shacks at the mouth of the Donnelly River....going back 50 years.

CALM saw the opportunity to "realign" the De Entrecasteaux Nat park boundary by 1 degree, so that the boat ramp and parking area built and paid for by volunteers labor and materials now falls 100 yards INSIDE the nat park....

Now theres a ranger station and fees box for people to go launch their boat where in the past it was always free.

CALM are just wolves in sheeps clothing.

Quite simply they are theives of publicly owned resources.

If Brendan Grylls doesnt get the whole department disbanded then Libs and Nats don;t sederve to be re elected next term - simple as that!

No one in their right mond has any respect fr CALM (DEC). Just a corrupt bunch of theives we would be far beter off without!

I admit there are still a few decent honest people working within the departmnent doing their best to protect land values and animals plants etc - but the crew running it are just land and water theives - taking away publicly owned resources for their proft making potential - and putting moms and pops businesses out of business in order to steal their revenues.

I won't go into their illegal activities to steal businesses in Walpole like the river cruise boat - by using the wildlife act laws to try and charge the owners etc - because they hand feed a few sea eagles...

No different to CALM feeding the Dolphins at Monkey Mia - but when someone does it as part of a licensed tour CALM/DEC want it all and will do anything to get it.

It is ALL about replacing the $50 Million annual logging royalties they lost from Hardwood logging!

No ones business or property is safe in this state from those professional theives - lets not even mention the Dirk Hartog Island theft.

Lets not mention swapping De Entrecasteaux nat park lands for mineral sands mining, and using the "swapped land" for bluegum plantations because CALM had contractual obligations with Japanese Hansol corp to plant certain hectareage of trees every year and not enough farmers volunteered their land under sharefarming agreements to meet those contractual obligations.

Thats right - Wilderness national park mined for mineral sands and the swapped nat park land, then planted to bluegums!

Never undersestimate how corrupt CALM DEC people running the dept are - they will do ANYTHING for revenues and use ANY tactics to disenfranchise you from your business or land to get their desire.

The people have to tell their politicians that enoughs enough - and get rid of the crooks and theives still running CALM today.

I have enough experience working for them in the past and sending them to jail, to KNOW where their skeletons lie buried or hidden in the closet!

I wouldn't trust CALM/DEC as far as I could throw them.

The whole Nat Park / Marine Parks push is about garnering revenues from people who in many cases worked their entire lives to establish honest businesses servicing tourism in this state.

Cheers
AnswerID: 344407

Sponsored Links