which store has the largest tent display

Submitted: Thursday, Jan 15, 2009 at 19:19
ThreadID: 65149 Views:4787 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived

Related Pages

Just wondering if anyone knew which store had the largest tent display in Melbourne ?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Mick O (VIC) - Thursday, Jan 15, 2009 at 20:16

Thursday, Jan 15, 2009 at 20:16
Anaconda in Bayswater has a fair few set up. Certainly more than Rays at Nunawading. The Graingers Camping World store on Whitehorse Road near the intersection of Springvale also has quite a few in the store and in the yard area out the back. Rays at Preston (Bell Street and Station Street Intersection) has a big range set up on their mezzanine.

Cheers Mick.
''We knew from the experience of well-known travelers that the
trip would doubtless be attended with much hardship.''
Richard Maurice - 1903

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 344500

Follow Up By: Outbackogre - Thursday, Jan 15, 2009 at 21:07

Thursday, Jan 15, 2009 at 21:07
Guys I'm pretty sure the Graingers in Nunawading is closed. I think it's now a matress shop. Also look out for the BCF stores. Cheers. Rob.
FollowupID: 612463

Reply By: Crackles - Thursday, Jan 15, 2009 at 21:57

Thursday, Jan 15, 2009 at 21:57
Depends what type of tent you are looking for. Most stores only sell a couple of brands at the most so to get a comparison it's very difficult. For example if it's a touring type tent you are after Freedom camping in Elizebeth st have a great range of their sole brand but to compare similar tents of that type you'd also need to vist Oztent, Oztrail & Southern Cross.
The Victorian 4x4 show is not a bad spot to compare tents that are errected but far easier to search the web or a campground for the one that you reckon looks good then go to a shop that has that model setup in store.
Cheers Craig..................
AnswerID: 344511

Reply By: Bonz (Vic) - Forum Mentor - Friday, Jan 16, 2009 at 18:19

Friday, Jan 16, 2009 at 18:19
Rays at Nth Geelong has heaps upstairs.

And I am not sure of its a store but the Frankston camping ground has a huge display of tents, awnings campers and caravans. I would take a walk around and if you see anything you like just ask the owners.
Time is an illusion produced by the passage of history

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 344670

Sponsored Links