wonnangatta and jayco outback camper

Submitted: Sunday, Jan 18, 2009 at 18:33
ThreadID: 65235 Views:2265 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
hi,

we have recently bought a jayco outback camper and plan its maiden vouyage to the wonnangatta this oz day w/e. it's our first camper so not much towing experience. we will tow it with our landcruiser (have until now gone 4wding with tents).

we plan to go via myrtleford and east buffalo and rileys crekk tks. just wondering if there are any tricky bits which will make our first trip with camper a bit hairy. we have a 5 month old baby so want to avoid getting stuck or long delays!!!

Thx
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Boobook2 - Sunday, Jan 18, 2009 at 19:24

Sunday, Jan 18, 2009 at 19:24
Exact issue a few days ago with some excellent answers.
Wonnangatta Valley & Camper Trailers :

Thread ID 65154
AnswerID: 344960

Reply By: Crackles - Sunday, Jan 18, 2009 at 22:46

Sunday, Jan 18, 2009 at 22:46
Dirk the route you have planned is pretty straight forward, just a few erosion control ditches on the desent of the Wonnangatta track which may drag on the drawbar. I asume you have a Treg hitch or similar as a ball may run out of articulation in a couple of spots. The Wonnagatta river crossing should be low this weekend but you should never take it for granted as I've seen it over a metre deep during summer before. (There has been no recent rain)
Jayco outbacks are not a true offroad trailer so I'd suggest not heading out on any other tracks in the area. Take the drive in easy with all the dust & you should do OK.
Have a great weekend, I'll be camping a couple of valleys over.
Cheers Craig................
AnswerID: 344993

Reply By: Dirk 32 - Monday, Jan 19, 2009 at 13:42

Monday, Jan 19, 2009 at 13:42
thanks craig for your very detailed response, exactly what we needed to know. have a great long weekend!!!
AnswerID: 345061

Sponsored Links