PIONEER CAMPER TRAILERS

Submitted: Monday, Jan 19, 2009 at 15:31
ThreadID: 65258 Views:4624 Replies:6 FollowUps:5
This Thread has been Archived

Related Pages

G'day my partner & I are researching camper trailers & have been impressed with the Pioneer brand ... would appreciate any feedback re personal experience of theses campers.. ciao for now ... Sassy
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Tom V (WA) - Monday, Jan 19, 2009 at 17:03

Monday, Jan 19, 2009 at 17:03
Sassy
there is a crowd in Myaree/O'connor that hires them out. try doing that first and then if u are comfortable with them, go the next step.
cheers Tom
AnswerID: 345088

Follow Up By: Member - Phil B (WA) - Monday, Jan 19, 2009 at 17:42

Monday, Jan 19, 2009 at 17:42
Following on from Tom, the Myaree crowd is Southside Caravans and they are part of ORE. Phone 9317 4900.

cheers
Phil
There is a lot of difference between
‘Human Being’ and ‘Being Human’.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 613087

Reply By: Sigmund - Monday, Jan 19, 2009 at 18:53

Monday, Jan 19, 2009 at 18:53
My brother bought one and thought it was the bee's knees; and he's a 'picky' type ;-}
AnswerID: 345107

Reply By: The Rambler( W.A.) - Monday, Jan 19, 2009 at 20:59

Monday, Jan 19, 2009 at 20:59
Sassy,
I own a Pioneer Argyle SE and could not be happier .I did a lot of "homework" before buying one and I have no regrets.I have sent you a member message so you can contact me for any further info.
AnswerID: 345127

Follow Up By: Member - lyndl b (WA) - Tuesday, Jan 20, 2009 at 10:30

Tuesday, Jan 20, 2009 at 10:30
G'day Gordon... thanx for your response ... I am most encouraged.. our research certainly indicates that they are a quality product though they do require a considerable financial investment .. I will give you a ring when I am not on the run ... can you recommend anyone for 4wd storage system installation? So many questions .. ringing will be easier.. talk soon... ciao for now... sassy
FollowupID: 613169

Follow Up By: Alan H - Tuesday, Jan 20, 2009 at 10:47

Tuesday, Jan 20, 2009 at 10:47
We've got a Pioneer Argyle for over 2 years now, but not the SE. Generally a good camper and easy to set up, attaching the awning takes a bit more time but worth it if staying in the same spot for a couple or so days.
Problems we've had, some lousy workmanship such as screws holding the bed base hinges pulling out. I fixed that with an extra hinge.
Hole under sink badly misaligned so waste water flows through the under sink storage space but I attached a pipe to it and that's fixed.
Water inlet pipe not sealed allowing water to get into storage space.
I had the occassional awning fitted for roadside stops and was given a "complimentary" brake and wheel bearing check while it was in the workshop. Subsequently the nearside wheel nearly fell off and the bearing and drum over heated ..... could have fried eggs on it it was so hot!
They renewed the bearings.
12v plugs on outside were cheap and nasty and the caps fell off after a couple of months, changed at my expence for Hella type and problem solved.
Overall though we're happy with it as it goes to some rough country and tows well which is why we sold our van to get it.
By the way, I don't think ORE has anything to do with them now but a place in Balcatta does or you could go to the factory in Wangara.
Cheers and hope this helps.
Alan.
FollowupID: 613171

Reply By: Member - lyndl b (WA) - Tuesday, Jan 20, 2009 at 10:21

Tuesday, Jan 20, 2009 at 10:21
G'day again... thanx for the replies ... I am most encouraged... our research certainly indicates that they are a quality product.. ciao for now
AnswerID: 345179

Follow Up By: Member - Kiwi B - Tuesday, Jan 20, 2009 at 12:22

Tuesday, Jan 20, 2009 at 12:22
Hello,

I'm a bit slow typing, but have just tried a forum search using the word onyx Brought-up some interesting info..

We're still happy users.

Contact us if you want more info.
FollowupID: 613182

Follow Up By: Member - lyndl b (WA) - Wednesday, Jan 21, 2009 at 14:46

Wednesday, Jan 21, 2009 at 14:46
G'day to all & a big thanx for the input... the advice re using the forum search link proved valuable as I was able to access lengthy relevant info from archived threads... consequently we visited the Pioneer workshop & spoke with Robin the owner for a couple of hours & all issues that were sited as problems ..ie: water leaks, bodgy screws on bed, lose bolts, dodgy 12v connections etc were explained & resolved to our satisfaction... it appears that camper & caravan manufacturers are vulnerable to their supppliers changing the quality of the brands they supply & thus problems occur... our impression is that the folk at Pioneer are genuinely concerned with producing & maintaining a quality top of the range product & strive to resolve any issues that their customers experience... we are most impressed & assured that Pioneer campers are made to last & consequently retain their value from a resale perspective... will keep you filled in as our journey continues with the Pioneer crew... ciao for now & thanx again.. Sassy
FollowupID: 613325

Reply By: Gronk - Tuesday, Jan 20, 2009 at 13:48

Tuesday, Jan 20, 2009 at 13:48
We have friends who own an Argyle SE (we own a KK , so probably not fair to compare them to a KK )

They are mostly happy with theirs, but have had a few issues as well ( most of the ones mentioned above )

If you buy new.....get a quality 3 stage charger, AGM batts ( if you can afford it ) and a different canvas colour ( the grey seems to get a bit grubby if used near dusty sites and fires )
AnswerID: 345204

Reply By: Member - bungarra (WA) - Tuesday, Jan 20, 2009 at 20:57

Tuesday, Jan 20, 2009 at 20:57
Hi

we have one we purchased new 5 years ago

It has done the GRR twice including the Mitchell falls, the Great Central, Gun Barrell and some Beadell tracks, Rudall River NP twice etc......so some serious 4WD tracks in places

There has been some issues with some water leaks on some campers....happens when in transport mode and the water mysteriously finds it way to the floor area and can cause some warping of the timber floor under the lino....not in all, just a few I understand

Pioneer are about to use an all aluminium floor with no welds and one assumes that this will solve any potential problems ..

I have found ours to be robust and reliable and I would recomend you give them serious consideration...and yes I would purchase again but obviously no need to as we love ours
Life is a journey, it is not how we fall down, it is how we get up.
VKS 1341

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 345276

Sponsored Links