NSW - places to go?

Submitted: Tuesday, Aug 12, 2003 at 16:16
ThreadID: 6527 Views:3658 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all

My wife and I are doing a 2-week trip in early/mid December through NSW from Brisbane and looking for info on camping spots. We are a Challenger towing a camper (strictly speaking it is an on-road on, but it has been plenty of places off road) and looking to get away from the crowds a bit. Fairly self sufficient (but would like to be near water – read fishing!), and are looking for spots to stay for 2-4 days and use as a base to explore (both by car and on foot), fish and relax. Looking at the following 4 regions, and would greatly appreciate any info you have on campsites and things to do.

1. New England Tablelands
2. Blue Mountains
3. Snowy Mountains/Kosciusko NP – trout fishing and visiting the highest point of OZ.
4. South Coast of NSW

Thanks in advance

Tim
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: CirclingVulture - Tuesday, Aug 12, 2003 at 16:38

Tuesday, Aug 12, 2003 at 16:38
Try this link a few spots around NSW, I hope you enjoy our Great state !

link text
AnswerID: 27594

Reply By: Old Jack - Tuesday, Aug 12, 2003 at 16:58

Tuesday, Aug 12, 2003 at 16:58
Two weeks will never be enough!
while around the snowy & south coast check out around Eden, Merimbulla, green cape light house Np. there are heaps of camping areas in the areas you have listed. depending on the season there may well be snow still up on the mountains even in late summer!

hope you enjoy you trip south. as other will tell you the south coast is a great place. Fishing around EDEN is great, we used to visit at easter every year for the last 30 years & I still havn't had enough of the place!
AnswerID: 27596

Sponsored Links