Perth Waeco fridge repairer & 12v electrician needed

We are currently in Perth & are having a lot of problems trying to get someone to look at our Waeco fridge & our 12 volt system.

We have a 185L (I think) Waeco upright fridge with seperate freezer that is out of warranty. We have contacted the only (so I've been told) Waeco fridge repairer in Perth & been told that we have to either take the caravan into them or the fridge for them to fix it. As we are living in the caravan taking it in to them is not really an option and as my husband is working 6 days a week we can't really take the fridge in either as they don't want it delivered on a Sunday. To get them to come to us they will charge $120 call out fee before they even do anything. We are only down the road from this company so the lady has told both my husband & myself that she will speak to the owner to try & work something out & will ring us back. After 2 phone calls to her we still haven't heard anything. The fridge is not staying cool, which has been happening off & on for a while, but now it just doesn't stay cool (it was sitting on 13 degrees). Luckily we have the Engel from the car which we have brought inside but obviously we need our main fridge to work too!!

We spoke to Waeco & they said because it is out of warranty we can get any fridge repairer to fix it but I rang 3 today & none of them would touch it. When I questioned the last guy he said because he can't get access to Waeco parts he can't fix it - which does make sense I guess. By this stage it was too late to ring Waeco again so I sent them an email asking if they can let me know which repairers they do supply parts to in Perth & I will give them another ring tomorrow. I thought I would ask the question to the forum just in case someone from Perth might know someone who will fix Waeco fridges here.

Our other problem is the 12 volt system in our caravan. We were given 2 different numbers from the local caravan repair company for people that will call out but neither of these guys have answered our messages!! I rang Jayco here in Perth & the lady there gave me a phone number for a Jayco repairer but we again would have to take the caravan to them. She said I could just ring any electrician but I thought I would first ask people on the forum if they could recommend someone.

You don't know if you don't ask :)

Thanks in advance for any help given.

Leanne

PS We are currently staying at Kingsway Tourist Park which is in the Northern Suburbs - the suburb of Madeley.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: PatrolSTL04 - Tuesday, Jan 20, 2009 at 01:13

Tuesday, Jan 20, 2009 at 01:13
Hi Leanne,

I understand your frustration as my dad went through the same thing in his Bu bleep racker.

Only WAECO service technician at the time was Lyons Refrigeration in Welshpool. Same thing, bring the fridge and/or Bushtracker in, or a big call out fee. Luckily I isolated it to a switch at the rear of the fridge which we could access from the outside.

I think you will need to pull it out or pay the whopping fee.

Jayco normally use Ken Peachey Caravan repairs south of the river. They are good and will fit you in where they can. The other two they use are ar too busy to help anyone.

Good Luck.

Brett.....
AnswerID: 345157

Reply By: Member - Captain (WA) - Tuesday, Jan 20, 2009 at 09:16

Tuesday, Jan 20, 2009 at 09:16
Hi Leanne

One of our 4WD club members is a Refrigeration Mechanic and is a Waeco agent - he is in the Northern suburbs, not far from you.

He web site is Online Refrigeration. I am very sure he will come out to you, not sure what he charges but he should be very reasonable, tell him "Captain" sent you.

Cheers

Captain

PS. He did the website, he is a good fridge mechanic - not a programmer!
AnswerID: 345175

Follow Up By: Neil & Pauline - Tuesday, Jan 20, 2009 at 17:32

Tuesday, Jan 20, 2009 at 17:32
Online Refridgeration fixed my air conditioner and at a easonable price. they are very helpful which is a bonus

Neil
FollowupID: 613216

Reply By: Matt(WA) - Tuesday, Jan 20, 2009 at 19:23

Tuesday, Jan 20, 2009 at 19:23
Leanne,

I am a Fridgy by trade. I dont work in the trade anymore other than repair friends engels and other 12v fridges on the weekend. I am down in Safety Bay(near Rockingham) So if you cant get anyone to help you send me an email and I might be able to. Or even recomend someone to you.

Matt

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 345255

Reply By: Lindsaydi - Friday, Jan 23, 2009 at 21:17

Friday, Jan 23, 2009 at 21:17
Online are probaly the only ones in Perth that can fix a waeco so that it stays fixed -- take the day of and fix the thing!! Ask the guys at ARB in Wangara -- again they are good blokes - cant be bothered with crap - they will know somone who will do the job in your area.

Cya
AnswerID: 345680

Reply By: Lindsaydi - Friday, Jan 23, 2009 at 21:18

Friday, Jan 23, 2009 at 21:18
Online are probaly the only ones in Perth that can fix a waeco so that it stays fixed -- take the day of and fix the thing!! Ask the guys at ARB in Wangara re the van-- again they are good blokes - cant be bothered with crap - they will know somone who will do the job in your area.

Cya
AnswerID: 345681

Reply By: leeb1973 - Saturday, Jan 24, 2009 at 22:34

Saturday, Jan 24, 2009 at 22:34
Thanks to everyone for their replies. Online Refrigeration is the company I had contacted & I ended up ringing the owner direct & he was more than happy to help us. They have put a recorder in the fridge for the weekend to see how much the temp moves & we will go from there.

One of the 12v guys did ring back & he is booked in to see us next Wed 28th so hopefully that will be sorted soon as well.

At least we now have some action!!

Leanne
AnswerID: 345794

Sponsored Links