High Country trip report - again

Got back on Sunday night having spent 3 1/2 days in Dargo area again. Warfer and friend Victoria, two other friends John Mac & Reece form Mornington Peninsula and myself. Warfer led us out to the Amphitheatre on the Mitchell River. Wow, what a view!
Went to Angusvale on Mitchell, looked around & camped night there. Lovely swimming spot. Gave everyone a laugh when I tipped off the back of my chair, legs straight up.
Went on to Colin's Hut next day. Nice swimming hole here too.
Set off up Billy Goat's Bluff, to Pinnacles and continued on around the back to return to Colin's Hut by crossing Wonnangatta.
Next day up to Dargo and then to Talbotville via Bulltown spur Track. Swim in lovely waterhole on Crooked River. Camped at Talbotville. Hardly anyone there. Decided to go into Wonnangatta, as Warfer hadn't been in there yet. Went via Sarah Spur. Great climb. Up to Station, out via Herne, back to camp.
Next day up South Basalt Knob Track. Fun track, continued on to Blue Rag trig point. Over to High Plains road and down King Spur to Mayford. Lovely camping and swimming area.
John & I left to return home. I had to go back to Talbotville to collect camper. Reece, Warfer and Victoria camped at Mayford for another night.
Another great trip. Some great tracks, views, camping spots and swimming holes.
Taken me half a day to clean interior and windows of Hilux. Down to car wash for exterior. So very dusty on tracks, although paddocks still greenish.
The Lokka in front diff and suspension from TJM Outback Accessories in Seaford makes huge difference to capability of Hilux.

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Robin Miller - Tuesday, Jan 20, 2009 at 15:21

Tuesday, Jan 20, 2009 at 15:21
That country is just to good isn't it Twinkles.

Must look more into Mitchell area we just seem to drive past it to often, maybe this weekend, although we are thinking Mt Wellington.

How is your memory - at Talbotville 2nd january a huge group appeared to be leaving a huge fireplace with lots of glass and other debris. As per picture in my members photo's.

Do you remember if this mess was still there ?
Robin Miller

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 345221

Follow Up By: Wayne (NSW) - Tuesday, Jan 20, 2009 at 17:50

Tuesday, Jan 20, 2009 at 17:50
Robin,

When I was talking to the ranger at Talbotville he did say there was a big fire and mess left.
He was hoping on some funding to put some more fire places in so in the future this type of thing does not happen again.

When I was there a week later there was sign of the fire place.

Wayne
FollowupID: 613219

Follow Up By: Twinkles - Wednesday, Jan 21, 2009 at 19:12

Wednesday, Jan 21, 2009 at 19:12
I didn't see any big mess. I was directly opposite the McMillan Track entrance. We came in via Bulltown and went out south to do Sarah Spur. No one else commented and we were making remarks about rubbish in various places. Mayford was very clean.
FollowupID: 613378

Reply By: Member - Mick O (VIC) - Tuesday, Jan 20, 2009 at 17:35

Tuesday, Jan 20, 2009 at 17:35
Thanks Twinkles. So when are you going to start your blog pages and throw in a few photo's for us.

Cheers Mick
''We knew from the experience of well-known travelers that the
trip would doubtless be attended with much hardship.''
Richard Maurice - 1903

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 345238

Reply By: Member - Warfer (VIC) - Tuesday, Jan 20, 2009 at 19:54

Tuesday, Jan 20, 2009 at 19:54
Image Could Not Be Found

Image Could Not Be Found

Image Could Not Be Found

Image Could Not Be Found

Image Could Not Be Found

Image Could Not Be Found

Image Could Not Be Found

Image Could Not Be Found

Image Could Not Be FoundImage Could Not Be Found

Image Could Not Be Found

Image Could Not Be Found

Image Could Not Be Found

Image Could Not Be Found

Image Could Not Be Found

Image Could Not Be Found
AnswerID: 345260

Follow Up By: Twinkles - Wednesday, Jan 21, 2009 at 19:14

Wednesday, Jan 21, 2009 at 19:14
Thanks Wayne, great pics again.
FollowupID: 613379

Reply By: Mad Cowz (VIC) - Tuesday, Jan 20, 2009 at 19:54

Tuesday, Jan 20, 2009 at 19:54
they are so mean laughing at your misfortune (I would have joined them if I was there)

MC
Carpe Cerevisi

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 345261

Follow Up By: Member - Warfer (VIC) - Tuesday, Jan 20, 2009 at 20:41

Tuesday, Jan 20, 2009 at 20:41
Kept me laughing for 3 days,It all happened in slow motion,We all forgot to ask if she was all right !
FollowupID: 613244

Follow Up By: Twinkles - Wednesday, Jan 21, 2009 at 19:17

Wednesday, Jan 21, 2009 at 19:17
They really didn't care if I had hurt myself. Lucky I'm tough. You would have found it amusing. Wayne couldn't dtop laughing for ages.
FollowupID: 613380

Reply By: Member - Warfer (VIC) - Tuesday, Jan 20, 2009 at 20:43

Tuesday, Jan 20, 2009 at 20:43
Oh forgot to mention,because it was down hill (sandy) behind her it was a perfect full backward somersault.....Definately give an 11 out of 10...
AnswerID: 345272

Reply By: Tim - Stratford (VIC) - Tuesday, Jan 20, 2009 at 22:04

Tuesday, Jan 20, 2009 at 22:04
Glad to hear there were no "Twinkles" injured in the reporting of this trip!

Great photos Wayne - looks like you all had a good weekend.

Tim
AnswerID: 345298

Sponsored Links