Best 4WD spot between Dalhousie -Uluru - Darwin

Submitted: Tuesday, Jan 15, 2002 at 01:00
ThreadID: 653 Views:1683 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Best 4WD spot between Dalhousie -Uluru - Darwin
We'll be going in June 2002. with Nissan Patrol. After crossing the simpson desert from Birdsvill to Dalhousie the road going through ULURU and ALICE SPRING and Darwin seems boring.
Any good 4WD spot. I mean grade 4 to 5. I spotted Buggy Hole at Kink Gorge.
Any other serious 4WD spots?
Guy
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - David - Tuesday, Jan 15, 2002 at 01:00

Tuesday, Jan 15, 2002 at 01:00
Guy,I liked the trip to Chambers Pillar and Boggy hole very much when we were in the area. Don't miss these the road into Chambers Pillar can be fun. Note the Finke rail line in the Chambers Pillar notes through to Finke Community. You have two choices take the Uluru type trek from Finke community to Uluru then come back via Boggy Hole (in reverse) then Rainbow Valley and back to Alice via rail lines or main road.Regards
David
AnswerID: 1760

Reply By: pen - Wednesday, Jan 16, 2002 at 01:00

Wednesday, Jan 16, 2002 at 01:00
Follow old rail line from Dalhousie, Finke (Apatula), Maryvale (Finke Desert Race Track generally follows this route)out to Chambers Pillar, Rainbow Valley (via new rail line or back to Maryvale)out to Jim's Place (Stuarts Well), Ernest Giles Rd to Henbury Meteorite Crater, Finke Gorge (Boggy Hole) then back out to Kings Canyon / Ayers Rock. Roads are VERY rough. Fuel at Mt Dare, Apatula, Maryvale, Jim's Place.
AnswerID: 1770

Sponsored Links