Trip Gathering Northern NSW

Submitted: Friday, Jan 23, 2009 at 09:23
ThreadID: 65347 Views:1708 Replies:2 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all,
Just came across the post re: trip on 24th Jan 09 (tomorrow) & noticed the mallara fire trail is included.
Just wondering if the organisers have checked the route recently?
Did a tour in December with a tag along operator in that area ( he comes from Baryugil originally & uses that track about 7 or 8 times a year or did until late last year.
Apparently the fire trail has deteriorated & he said it is no longer a moderate trip. Not suitable for stock 4wds or inexperienced drivers.
& no good in the wet. he said he knows of two vehicles that have been damaged recently (one on its side)
Anyway I thought this information may be useful.
Sorry it is so late, but haven't looked on here for some time.

Regards
Brian
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Hairs & Fysh (NSW) - Friday, Jan 23, 2009 at 10:14

Friday, Jan 23, 2009 at 10:14
Hi Brian,
Mark G, who is organizing the trip, was telling me the other day that his mate that travels up and around that area hadn't mention any problems.
Mark will be knocking off work later this arvo and he will more than be happy to let people know what is going on.
Cheers for the heads up Brian.

AnswerID: 345617

Follow Up By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Friday, Jan 23, 2009 at 12:12

Friday, Jan 23, 2009 at 12:12
Maybe that is why Mark is so keen for me to come down with Darkie so I can tow him out when he stuffs up LOL

He also wanted me to bring a couple of cane knives to trim back some lantana so he wouldn't scratch the poor Missan Navara

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 613587

Follow Up By: Member - Mark G Gulmarrad - Friday, Jan 23, 2009 at 23:39

Friday, Jan 23, 2009 at 23:39
KEV

so why did you chicken out?..................:-P
FollowupID: 613679

Follow Up By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Saturday, Jan 24, 2009 at 08:38

Saturday, Jan 24, 2009 at 08:38
The fact that 2 kids with 1 starting her 1st day at school killed it for me. They don't do very well after doing 1000+kms a day in the car especially twice in 4 days then back up to go to school on Tuesday :(
I was hoping that Ashley didn't have to start school till later in the week but SWMBO has over ruled me haha
Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 613694

Reply By: Member - Mark G Gulmarrad - Friday, Jan 23, 2009 at 23:37

Friday, Jan 23, 2009 at 23:37
BRIAR

cheers mate,we will suss it out 2morrow when we get there.

it has to be safe enough for all or we wont go down it.
AnswerID: 345696

Sponsored Links