Warning - Mapsource update 16.15.3.0

Submitted: Saturday, Jan 24, 2009 at 15:23
ThreadID: 65374 Views:2640 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
This morning I updated mapsource (because garmin said the update was to fix some bugs) to 16.15.3.0. Oh, what a mistake that was.... After installing the update (56mb), I ran map source and it refused to open... it crashed as it didn't like OzToppo v.21 amongst other things. It kept coming up with several system errors. The only way I was able to resolve the issue was.

1) un-install mapsource
2) un-install OzTopo
3) use System restore to go back to yesterdays system (registry) settings.
4) Re-install mapsource
5) Re-install Oztoppo

City navigator & other stuff wouldn't run with the new Map source update either.

SO BE WARNED!
I am about to send an email to garmin as well.
Fred
Fred B
VKS 737: Mobile/Selcall 1334

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Notso - Saturday, Jan 24, 2009 at 15:35

Saturday, Jan 24, 2009 at 15:35
I have exactly the same programs and maps installed and it worked fine for me, no hassles at all. This is on a Toshiba Laptop windows XP SP 3

Seems to draw screens a bit faster than the previous version
AnswerID: 345737

Reply By: The Explorer - Saturday, Jan 24, 2009 at 15:44

Saturday, Jan 24, 2009 at 15:44
Hi - I installed it and had no problems (Oztopo, City Nav, Bluecharts. Shonky) so whatever issue you are having does not appear to be universal though appently customised waypoint symbols will not work.

You can download an older version of mapsource from here if you need to get things going again....and there is also a "patch" to make oztopo work ....though you seem to have it going anayway.

Oztopo FAQ

Cheers
Greg

I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 345738

Follow Up By: Member - Fred B (NT) - Saturday, Jan 24, 2009 at 16:20

Saturday, Jan 24, 2009 at 16:20
Thanks for the responses guys. I wasn't aware of the Oztopo patch. I am still not sure what caused all to crash, but alls well that ends well.

I have now installed the update with patch, and all is working. So now will do the same for the other PC's. Thanks again.
Fred
Fred B
VKS 737: Mobile/Selcall 1334

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 613751

Reply By: Member - Doug T (NT) - Saturday, Jan 24, 2009 at 22:24

Saturday, Jan 24, 2009 at 22:24
Try this... before you install OzToppo go to your C/: DRIVE, Open the Garmin folder and change the name of the file called "MapSource" to what ever you like...ie MapSource_fred, then install the other software. It works for me using Vista.

Image Could Not Be Found

gift by Daughter

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 345793

Sponsored Links