Red Rock Caravan Park & surrounds

Submitted: Sunday, Jan 25, 2009 at 07:10
ThreadID: 65392 Views:2759 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Promissed to meet up with a few friends at Red Rock NSW and wondering about fires. We were sure they said drum fires OK but website says no.

Also any good fishing spot suggestions and are there any Ludrick spots and if so where do you get the green weed?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Teege (NSW) - Sunday, Jan 25, 2009 at 08:38

Sunday, Jan 25, 2009 at 08:38
didiaust
Sorry I can't answer your questions. But can you answer one of mine. Why do you need a campfire when staying in a caravan park? While it might be fine for you and your friends, what about the rest of the people there. The smoke and the smell has to go somewhere - usually into other people's sites. And there is nothing more annoying than having to close your windows on a hot night because some selfish person has to have a fire to be able to enjoy themselves. Don't get me wrong, I love a good campfire - but in its place. If your need is so great why stay in a caravan park?

teege
AnswerID: 345814

Follow Up By: didiaust - Sunday, Jan 25, 2009 at 10:54

Sunday, Jan 25, 2009 at 10:54
I would hope that I am a considerate camper and I don't light fires under other campers noses/windows. We do usually prefer larger and bushy parks not tar and cement ones. As I haven't been to Red Rock and am not aware of the size of the park I was sure our friends said there were fires. There will be 4 or 5 groups of us so I was assuming we would camp together and have a small drum fire to sit buy at night. I am sure other campers will have their windows closed as it won't be summer and I'm not sure why you assumed it would be hot and why you also assume that we would have a blaze going in order to enjoy ourselves. I also asked the question so we could either take our small drum or leave it behind. Also don't assume we burn wood- we usually burn charcoal in our drum fire.

Your unnecessary comments were tainted with nastiness and sarcasm and these types of remarks are what deter many people from such good forums.
FollowupID: 613840

Reply By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Sunday, Jan 25, 2009 at 10:56

Sunday, Jan 25, 2009 at 10:56
Wait till tonight and I'll see if Hairs or Mark G get home from the Northern NSW gathering (I reckon Mark is bogged with Hairs having to recover him), They may be able to assist as they live just up the road (near Grafton)

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 345832

Reply By: Trevor W(Brisbane) - Wednesday, Jan 28, 2009 at 13:44

Wednesday, Jan 28, 2009 at 13:44
approx 15 kms north of Red Rock is turn off to Yuriguir National Park and Camp Ground plus Camp ground at Shelly Beach. If you are keen on Camping -this is a fantastic spot. Even if you decide to stay at Red Rock , suggest you take a day trip up the road and visit this area. Approx 5 kms of Beach driving to get to Shelly Beach. Take Fire Wood with you . Toilets at Camp Site. Fees apply.
AnswerID: 346333

Sponsored Links