Great Endeavour Rally, Cape York

Submitted: Wednesday, Jan 28, 2009 at 12:51
ThreadID: 65485 Views:3034 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hello,

It is still over 5 months away, however I wanted to start spreading the word that the annual Great Endeavour Charity Motoring event will be visiting the Cape York Peninsula during July 2009.

I will post specific dates and actual roads the event will travel and on what days as it gets closer.

The basic schedule is: (July 2009)
Wed 15th, Mackay to Mingela
Thur 16th, Mingela to "Oak Park"
Fri 17th, Oak Park to Chillagoe
Sat 18th, Chillagoe to Weipa
Sun 19th, Weipa to Seisia
Mon 20th, lay day
Tue 21st, Seisia to Coen
Wed 22nd, Coen to Cooktown
Thur 23rd, Cooktown to Ewan
Fri 24th, Ewan to Townsville.

The event is a charity motoring event raising funds and awareness for the Endeavour Foundation, who support and care for people with intellectual disabilities.

As the Cape gets extremely busy at that time of year, we will endeavour to let as many people know as possible to expect extra vehicles on the road on these particular days. All up, there will be approximately 140 motor vehicles with the event.

Should any one have any question or queries regarding the event or route, please feel free to contact me direct on:
Jamie Lawson, 0427633098 or straighton@bigpond.com.au
www.greatendeavour.com.au

many thanks & safe travels to all
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: rumpig - Wednesday, Jan 28, 2009 at 20:22

Wednesday, Jan 28, 2009 at 20:22
hey Jamie,
nice to see you are revisting the cape, i went on one of the super endevour trips that visited cape york when your dad was still the road boss. been a few years now since i last went along on one of the endevour rallies, but they were always great fun.
i think the super endevour to the cape was definately one of the best i went on, but the other trips were great fun aswell.
if anyone is looking for a fun time away then i'd highly reccomend going on one of these rallies. you'll get to meet alot of nice people, both involved in the rally and at the communities you visit and at the same time be helping to raise money for a great charity.
AnswerID: 346425

Sponsored Links