Port Lincoln Fires

Submitted: Wednesday, Jan 28, 2009 at 17:04
ThreadID: 65494 Views:1803 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
G'day all
Have just returned from a holiday in Pt Lincoln, Littleborgy and family spent a week there and Barb and myself spent 2 weeks there, most of the time we were camped out at Coffin Bay National Park a few days at Morgans landing and the rest of the time at my favourite spot Black Springs..Unfortunatley whilst we were there Pt Lincoln suffered yet another horiffic fire, this time luckily no lives were lost, as with the last fires people we know did lose there houses though...I have posted some pics that were taken by a friend of my brothers showing how close the fire came to his house and also pics of the shed and one of the boats that got burnt at the work place my younger brother manages...

Image Could Not Be Found

Image Could Not Be Found

Image Could Not Be Found

Image Could Not Be Found

Image Could Not Be Found

Image Could Not Be Found

Image Could Not Be Found

Image Could Not Be Found

I have a few more , if anyone wants to see let me know and i'll email to you....

My wifes father was asked to evacuate his house as were my parents and my Brother and his family

I will post a blog in the next few days of the trip with some photos

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Mark G Gulmarrad - Wednesday, Jan 28, 2009 at 17:10

Wednesday, Jan 28, 2009 at 17:10
Dave

they told me ya did a wicked BBQ.............................lol

seriously,those fires look mean.hope all came out fine.
AnswerID: 346385

Reply By: Member - Stephen L (Clare SA) - Wednesday, Jan 28, 2009 at 19:25

Wednesday, Jan 28, 2009 at 19:25
Hi Dave
It was so lucky that no one was killed. We have got some fun in the Valley at the moment - a fire bug. He has started 4 fires in the last 2 days. One of the chaps at our works was in the Police Force for 40 years. He said that he knows who it is, as do the local Police. Until they catch him in the act, he is going to be watched like a hawk.
One of the guy's that comes on our trips has lost him farm twice due to the fires in the past in the Clare area and he told me today that if he caught him, he would end up in goal for dishing out bush justice.

Hats off to all the local CFS people for volunteering their time in fighting these fires.

Cheers

Stephen
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 346410

Reply By: Sand Man (SA) - Thursday, Jan 29, 2009 at 11:30

Thursday, Jan 29, 2009 at 11:30
Hi Dave,

Very scary indeed and a look at the "black" side of Mother Nature.

It's sad to think that some of these fires are started deliberately, or by some form of negligence on the part of human beings. (eg angle grinder use)

Your photos bring back a sobering aspect to the dangers of bushfires mate.

Bill

Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 346523

Sponsored Links