Excellent outcome to a Bad beginning

Submitted: Friday, Jan 30, 2009 at 22:36
ThreadID: 65550 Views:2642 Replies:9 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
To those who are interested in a Digital Temp Gauge I can thourghly recommend the people from Engine Watchdog.

They made restitution for a situation they had no responsibility or liability, where another web based vendor failed to supply their product that I had purchased.

The full story

After reading recommendation's on this site re the TM2 engine Watchdog, and a web based Marine supplier I purchased the TM2 through this website using paypal, on 19 December, and was informed they were in stock and Express Post would take only 1-2 days, as the marine vendor was Brisbane based.

Nothing B4 Xmas, Oh well caught up in the Xmas Rush, Nothing by New Years,
8th Jan left phone messages and email "What Gives", No Reply

Get on internet and find that Marine vendor is not manufacturer, but Items are made in Brisbane by Engine Watchdog, see link below.
Call engine watchdog, and explain situation, is there a supply problem -No.
Has Vendor Died or ill (fine last time they saw)
Said please advise if I don't receive as they don't want their customers disappoint

14th Jan Week later More emails and calls to vendor, No Reply
Raise dispute with PayPal, and an Immediate response through paypal, states sent by Aus post B4 Xmas, sorry was away, will investigate with Aus Post.

Away OS on Business from 15th to 22nd, Vendor asks if received, I say don't Know as Not Home , back on the 22nd

Arrive back on 22nd nothing received, email Vendor, requesting express post parcel # of original shipment, advises replacement sent that day

28th Advise nothing received after 6 days, please confirm express post #
No Answer.

Fed up, drop into Engine Watchdog, very helpful, no further questions asked, provide Product Free of charge including an extra temp sensor that I had discussed on my 1st call.

Now That's Customer service.

At last I can fit it this weekend (5 weeks late) and start monitoring what works to bring engine temps down on my Turbo 1HZ
Will monitor Water @ Thermostat and rear Head temps after each change
Viscous coupling re oil
Hose Change
Lower water Glycol content, use wetter water
Finally insert PWR Radiator

So For Engine Watchdogs go direct to the Local Australian Manufacturer, they pride their work amd reputation, and back it.

For you bushies with stationary motors etc They also do other engine monitoring, shut-down and start-up systems

http://www.enginewatchdog.com/

Can't Thank them enough
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Graham H (QLD) - Friday, Jan 30, 2009 at 22:40

Friday, Jan 30, 2009 at 22:40
How much does it cost please.

AnswerID: 346806

Follow Up By: Harrow - Friday, Jan 30, 2009 at 22:47

Friday, Jan 30, 2009 at 22:47
Hi Graham

See $149

See Web page

http://www.enginewatchdog.com/contact.html

Cheers

Harrow

FollowupID: 614864

Reply By: Rolly - Saturday, Jan 31, 2009 at 00:59

Saturday, Jan 31, 2009 at 00:59
Thanks for that, Harrow.
AnswerID: 346814

Reply By: kingswoodwagon - Saturday, Jan 31, 2009 at 01:58

Saturday, Jan 31, 2009 at 01:58
ive always considered myself a temp gauge nazi. but somehow on a cold winters day in the rain last year - i missed my car overheating.

after rebuilding my motor - i have fitted an engine watchdog to my car. I wish i had spent the $149 earlier.

cheers.
AnswerID: 346817

Reply By: Seanny - Saturday, Jan 31, 2009 at 07:13

Saturday, Jan 31, 2009 at 07:13
Hello Harrow,

Poor service is always aturn off.

I purchased mine direct for my 80 HDJ and it is quite enlightening in terms of what goes on in the cooling system.

The manufacturer is a nice fella, knows his stuff quite well and likes a chat.

Well worth the expense for anoither safety device.

Cheers to all,

Seanny.
AnswerID: 346826

Reply By: Member - Nick (TAS) - Saturday, Jan 31, 2009 at 07:25

Saturday, Jan 31, 2009 at 07:25
Have only just finished searching the net for a suitable digital water temp gauge.Now, have found these and ordered of the manafacturer.They also sound like a great place to deal with.Glad you had a good outcome.
AnswerID: 346827

Reply By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Saturday, Jan 31, 2009 at 08:40

Saturday, Jan 31, 2009 at 08:40
It now makes you wonder if that Marine Vendor still has them listed, because if it was my products that they were stuffing customers around with, they would no longer have the privledge to stock it.

Good to see the manufacturer willingness to stick by you even though it was the fault of the re-seller

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 346833

Reply By: Harrow - Saturday, Jan 31, 2009 at 08:57

Saturday, Jan 31, 2009 at 08:57
Yes I was amazed I didnt Ask he offered

Small family Business,
Good build quality, happy to advise and assist
Well presentd and doccumented

Exporting all over the world

Good on him
AnswerID: 346834

Reply By: That Troopy Bloke (SA) - Sunday, Feb 01, 2009 at 10:18

Sunday, Feb 01, 2009 at 10:18
I have been thinking of fitting one of the 'Engine Saver' low water alarms, but perhaps this TM2 may be more useful.
The low water alarm will only alert you when the coolant level drops, but there are many other reasons for a sudden rise in temps, like a belt failure or debris blocking the radiator.
If you were to say split a hose and lose all your coolant, the TM2 would soon alert you to the fact that your temp has risen....before any engine damage is done.
Is my line of thinking on the money?

I hadn't seen these before, thanks for the link Harrow.
$40 cheaper than the 'Engine Saver' too, for what appears to be a more 'complete' solution to engine temp monitoring :-)

Cheers
Glenn
AnswerID: 347009

Reply By: Harrow - Tuesday, Feb 03, 2009 at 21:17

Tuesday, Feb 03, 2009 at 21:17
Well An update on the Supply of My watchdog

The Vendor who claimed he had sent the product twice (though he never provided a post express tracking#) refunded my money after I raised a dispute with PayPal, which is good.

Maybe he should have a good talk with australia post.

So I took that refund arround to Engine Watchdog and said thanks very much for your service and paid then for the replacement they provided me free of charge

So besides the lost time and agrivation, I'm square.

Harrow
AnswerID: 347440

Sponsored Links