Jurgen ORYX

Submitted: Sunday, Feb 01, 2009 at 19:41
ThreadID: 65617 Views:3399 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Jurgen Oryx ,has anybody have one or can tell me some info on these please.They are the smaller brother to the jurgen caravans iI am looking at one on the net but would like some first hand info please.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Wayne David - Monday, Feb 02, 2009 at 00:01

Monday, Feb 02, 2009 at 00:01
jockey - Here you go mate http://www.campertrailers.org/oryx.htm

Hope that helps.

Cheers
AnswerID: 347182

Reply By: Terradan - Monday, Feb 02, 2009 at 12:59

Monday, Feb 02, 2009 at 12:59
Hi Jockey

I own one and I LOVE it.

I have dragged mine over huge distance and over some shocking corrugated stretches and it has had no problems at all. great to tow and I think fantastic value for money compared to all other campers I have looked at.

I think I have seen the ad for the unit you may be interested in, and I would be asking thousands more for mine, if I were to sell it .So if its in good condition I would grab it, you won't regret it.

Danny.
AnswerID: 347231

Reply By: jockey - Monday, Feb 02, 2009 at 14:26

Monday, Feb 02, 2009 at 14:26
Thanks for your replies.

Danny,

We are a family of 3(my wife and I plus a baby)- do you have any ideas on how we could make another bed inside of the camper? Is it possible to add a bunk above the bed at all?

Do you have an annexe with walls?? If so how do you purchase it and roughly how much was it?

Look forward to hearing from you.
Scott
AnswerID: 347238

Follow Up By: Terradan - Monday, Feb 02, 2009 at 19:00

Monday, Feb 02, 2009 at 19:00
Hi Scott

After my glowing endorsement of the Oryx, I must admit it has some drawbacks, one is the tight sleeping quarters compared to many other campers. A child or baby could sleep on a mattress on the floor, older children could be accommodated in the optional roof top tent that fits to the front of the camper. Fitting a bunk would be too difficult.

I have the optional awning and annex walls and floor, these are excellent quality canvas ( Military spec.) and add on the side and back, and seal very well and add huge living space (or sleeping) the cost was around $ 2000 from memory. I thought the Oryx you were looking at had this included as well as roll out awning for quick stops.

Hope this helps.

Danny.
FollowupID: 615444

Sponsored Links