Maxi trac Shocks

Submitted: Monday, Feb 02, 2009 at 22:03
ThreadID: 65651 Views:4097 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Fitted a pair of maxi Tracs to swmbo new Nullabor today and must say I am impressed. Got rid of the soft floatie ride, and improved the handing out of sight.Now I just have to wait for the skin to grow back on by hands lol.
Cheers Pete
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Wherehegon - Monday, Feb 02, 2009 at 22:32

Monday, Feb 02, 2009 at 22:32
Hi Pete, glad your happy with your purchase. Must say while I have had OME before on the old lux and found them great, I do find them just that bit hard on the prado when not loaded but bit hard to have it both ways I suppose. I had no issues with missing skin on knuckles with mine as I heard with the 95 series prado's you need to know yoga and have 3 hands so left it up to ARB LOL. WHG ..............
AnswerID: 347327

Follow Up By: Madfisher - Tuesday, Feb 03, 2009 at 12:07

Tuesday, Feb 03, 2009 at 12:07
Yes WHG it is hard to get the right compromise,and unless you can have a drive of one it is hard to know.Prefer a bit on the hard side to that sickening floatie ride like the old yank tanks.I was amazed how much softer the wide ride track was compared to my 98.Its the side to side lurch that I do not like. Must say that was one area the old paj was very good, but prehaps it had been upgraded at some time. I had monroe magums on the runner and liked them although the maxi tracs are supposed to be better. Very to compress to get on or maybe I am just getting old lol. Forget the wire trick till after I had them fitted.
We have several of the 120 Prados at work and love them say between Lithgow and Dubbo, but between Bathurst and Mudgee though Sofala they are the pits, just to soft and not enough feedback but we usually are pressing on a bit.
Cheers Pete
FollowupID: 615545

Sponsored Links