Cooking

Submitted: Wednesday, Feb 04, 2009 at 20:50
ThreadID: 65704 Views:4420 Replies:4 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived

Related Pages

alright guys, any good ideas on camping cookery? ive got a great fruit cake, soak 1kg of mixed fruit over night in either chocolate milk ok orange juice, then mix in some self raising flour till turns into a raw cakey mixture then bake in the camp oven!! bloody marvelous, the longer the fruit soaks the better at least a day and you can add brandy etc what ever takes your fancy!

Has anyone got any better ideas or in particular one for bread? id be much obliged, ta

Chris
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Wednesday, Feb 04, 2009 at 21:06

Wednesday, Feb 04, 2009 at 21:06
This is an earlier thread about bread

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 347579

Reply By: Member - Warfer (VIC) - Wednesday, Feb 04, 2009 at 21:13

Wednesday, Feb 04, 2009 at 21:13
Hiya Chris

A Honda 20ui Gennie and one of these babies Here

Cheers
AnswerID: 347581

Reply By: Member - William H (WA) - Wednesday, Feb 04, 2009 at 22:03

Wednesday, Feb 04, 2009 at 22:03
Good evening Christoflam.

As a former Chef in our Senior service,(RAN) I would leave out the milk, as it could curdle, and go off, while you soak the fruit, over night, The orange juice, i would keep to have with the Vodka, and in it's place i would use our famous Bundaberg rum, just soak the fruit in the rum till it's soft for 12 hours, and follow what you have said with the flour,......Enjoy it.

Cheers for now...William H.....Bunbury....WA
AnswerID: 347588

Follow Up By: Farko - Wednesday, Feb 04, 2009 at 22:59

Wednesday, Feb 04, 2009 at 22:59
I fully endorse the comments about Bundy rum.
A little off topic - SWMBO was cooking plum puddings before christmas - following the recipe that had fruit soaked in rum and brandy. When she got to the Christmas cakes she wondered why there was no Bundy left but plenty of brandy. Best plum puddings that we have ever had!!
FollowupID: 615786

Reply By: Member - Ruth D (QLD) - Thursday, Feb 05, 2009 at 07:28

Thursday, Feb 05, 2009 at 07:28
Christoflam, did you have a look at the Article Overview beside your Post - we all did heaps of posts at one stage (can't remember when it was tho) and some marvellous recipes for the camp was the result. I printed most of them off and keep them in the map folder in the vehicle and in a plastic folder in the kitchen of the camper.
AnswerID: 347621

Sponsored Links