Cape Hotham.NT

Submitted: Friday, Feb 06, 2009 at 14:03
ThreadID: 65746 Views:4535 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Gooday to all and does anyone know if there is road/track access into Cape Hotham Forestry reserve to the Nth of Darwin. We will be up that way later in the year and if possible would like to have a look at that area. I can't seem to be able to find much info on it as yet. Thanks in advance,
Ray w.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Fred B (NT) - Friday, Feb 06, 2009 at 15:04

Friday, Feb 06, 2009 at 15:04
Hi Ray,
not a lot out there. Gunn point is the name of the point, accessed by Gunn Point Road. The NT (not so very helpful) goverment link below. This site has a lot more info about the more "public" parks.

http://www.nt.gov.au/nreta/parks/find/treepoint.html
Hope this helps
Fred
Fred B
VKS 737: Mobile/Selcall 1334

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 347833

Reply By: handy - Friday, Feb 06, 2009 at 15:28

Friday, Feb 06, 2009 at 15:28
go and have a look at NT fish finder forums, should be a bit of info there or join up and ask a few questions. cheers
AnswerID: 347843

Reply By: Bullet2Deadly - Friday, Feb 06, 2009 at 20:14

Friday, Feb 06, 2009 at 20:14
Gday beachbum,Cape hotham and gunn point are 2 seperate spots,are you sure Cape hotham is where you want to go? I have been there by boat from gunn point but havent seen any roads out that way.I have been told you can get to the beach between Cape hotham and point stuart lodge from a dirt track that turns off just before corroberee tavern,not to sure if you can follow the beach to cape hotham from there.I know Paspaley owns alot of that land so it could be private property. Not much help but it could be worth a call to point stuart wilderness lodge.
Cheers Bullet
AnswerID: 347883

Sponsored Links