Sully.Ruth. Lofty Bunworth RIP

Submitted: Friday, Feb 06, 2009 at 15:35
ThreadID: 65750 Views:2443 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi guys..I am aware Sully does not do email etc but his daughter does. Ruth is a 'communicator' so I pass on the news that Lofty Bunworth has moved on. Rusty (His brother) will have to pull his sox up,or he will follow soon. (SIW) Last time I saw them both,plus Sully,Ruth,Ian was at Anzac day at Birdsville. Leaves us down a couple for Anzac day out there,so let us hope there will be enough turn up as the town folk do a great job.Saw Sully at Rathdowney not long ago.Was firing on all cylinders.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Ruth D (QLD) - Saturday, Feb 07, 2009 at 21:26

Saturday, Feb 07, 2009 at 21:26
RockyOne, thanks for the Post. Janine rang me the following morning and I rang Sully and told the people in Birdsville. It is so sad - he was such a really good mate - especially to me - not a week went past that he didn't ring to say G-day no matter how ill he was at the time. He was very involved in anything going on in Birdsville and a wonderful person if we were fundraising for anything in the town - particularly our new x-ray machine. He will be very sadly missed - not just on Anzac Day. Rusty is also very ill at the moment. When the time is right Laurie (Lofty) will be laid to rest in Birdsville - it's a done deal.
Anzac Day in Birdsville has become a very special place for Vietnam Veterans and I am very proud to have been involved in that for the past 12 years - particularly as many of the Vets who come her have never been to another Anzac March in their lives, some have never worn their medals - here they do. That means more to me than almost anything.
Rocky One - I won't be here for Anzac Day this year - I will be marching with the 2/26th in Brisbane this year - wearing my Father's Medals (he was in Changi) and my Grandafather's medals - he was CO of the 26th and won the DSO in WWI - for the first time.
Laurie (Lofty) Bunworth - RIP.
PS Remember the year we had Lusty (Lofty) , Rusty, Musty , Dusty and Fusty here - what a hoot!
AnswerID: 348055

Sponsored Links