Boat/Camper trailer combo ?????

Submitted: Saturday, Feb 07, 2009 at 14:03
ThreadID: 65773 Views:12932 Replies:5 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all, has anyone seen such a beast. i am looking at designing/modifying a conventioal boat trailer to house a 12-14ft ali dingy but have to ability to connect a removable camper/draw system OVER the top of the boat. so if i want to got barra/ mudcrabbing for a day i just take the boat, but can connect the camper for weekenders etc. any pics, suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards Deano

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Nev (TAS) - Saturday, Feb 07, 2009 at 14:23

Saturday, Feb 07, 2009 at 14:23
Hi Deano,

http://www.belcocustomtrailers.com.au/

Do what you want
AnswerID: 348006

Follow Up By: DEANO WA - Saturday, Feb 07, 2009 at 19:12

Saturday, Feb 07, 2009 at 19:12
cheers bud, almost exactly what i was visioning, i'll try and get some better pics from them

Big cheers
Deano
FollowupID: 616280

Reply By: Member - Mal and Di (SA) - Saturday, Feb 07, 2009 at 16:38

Saturday, Feb 07, 2009 at 16:38
I saw this done at Venus Bay SA a couple of years ago.
The chap had a standard 4 to 5 metre tinny and trailer.
Over the top of the boat he had a Cavalier Camper Tent which he slid off onto legs and it remained free standing.
I did not see him put it on or off but he assured me it was a one man job.
Looking at the tent in it's erected position it looked as if it was standard with a trailer under as per normal.
Maybe there is someone on the forum who knows of him.
I reckon he belonged to an Adelaide based fishing club.
M.
AnswerID: 348019

Reply By: Peter_n_Margaret - Saturday, Feb 07, 2009 at 18:19

Saturday, Feb 07, 2009 at 18:19
There are a couple of small houseboat/campers around.
There was a guy who towed one behind an OKA.

Cheers,
Peter
OKA196 Motorhome
AnswerID: 348036

Reply By: offroad Bob - Saturday, Feb 07, 2009 at 23:47

Saturday, Feb 07, 2009 at 23:47
I was once going through a caravan magazine at a the doctors and saw just what you described. It was a 4.2 quintrex millenium hull with a camper unit mounted over. The camper unit would come off via two aluminum ramps and an electric winch then on wheels you could push it to the location of choice. After it popped open like most campers. The trailer was also fitted with a large nose cone for extra storage. And the trailer had the u-beaut suspension too. Only thing is this was about 5 years ago and it cost around $35000 for camper and boat.

The other one I saw was a large car trailer with a boat mounted on a trailer over a small 4x4 and still room for gear behind a bus.

Like you I am looking at traveling and wish to take my boat. Only a 4.2 boat but with centre console and electric start trim tilt motor so no way is it going to roof mount on anything. I had ideas like you but have finally gone with a Landcruiser ute / slide on camper and towing my boat. Seems to be the most convenient solution. Have taken it to Steep Point last year.

offroad Bob

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 348081

Reply By: Member - Colin (WA) - Monday, Feb 09, 2009 at 18:40

Monday, Feb 09, 2009 at 18:40
Hi Deano'

Anoyher type is Swamp Donkey Offroad Campers & Custom Trailers. I think they are made in Queensland. They look like what your after.

Colin
AnswerID: 348352

Sponsored Links