Geoff Portman family.Kingslake.Are they ok ?

Submitted: Monday, Feb 09, 2009 at 09:08
ThreadID: 65826 Views:4503 Replies:4 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
If I had the courage I would just phone them (got the Teledex open at their entry) but I am taking the soft approach first. Sadly that TV man & his wife perished in Kingslake. I am worried re Geoff Portman & family as they,I believe,live with their beautiful horses at Kingslake. Are they ok? If I get no answer,I will just have to phone them. Really miss all three of them as we have done three real offroad adventures (incl Kimberley) with them.Last I heard,the former Australian rally champion (genius at bushcraft) was back into 4x4 competitive driving for a prominent manufacturer.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: The Geriatric Gypsies - Monday, Feb 09, 2009 at 09:28

Monday, Feb 09, 2009 at 09:28
goodday rocky
best place to ring is the redcross centre they are fielding all callsfor people in your situation unfortunately i dont currently have the number
if you had a mobile # you may get them but a lot of the phone exchanges have gone and so have most houses in kinglake
sorry about that bit of news

steve
AnswerID: 348284

Reply By: Member - Dennis P (Scotland) - Monday, Feb 09, 2009 at 09:38

Monday, Feb 09, 2009 at 09:38
Rocky,

This is a live bulletin board, it might help.

Site Link
AnswerID: 348286

Reply By: IanM (Vic) - Monday, Feb 09, 2009 at 09:46

Monday, Feb 09, 2009 at 09:46
Geoff and his family are OK according to a rallying message board - apparently he also managed to save his house and animals.

AnswerID: 348287

Follow Up By: Member - RockyOne - Monday, Feb 09, 2009 at 10:12

Monday, Feb 09, 2009 at 10:12
Thanks IanM & all you guys..Wow! That's starting me on a high for the new week..Great to hear the Portmans are,apparently ok. Knowing that great family,they will be out there helping those less fortunate. No doubt Geoff's bushcraft contributed to saving their property and as the family are great with horses,saved them as well. Just how do those burned out folk ever start again. Our hearts go out to those who did'nt make it. What an awful way to go. Hope all those great medical people can weave their magic on those suffering burns,often,no doubt,from trying to help save people,animals and property.
FollowupID: 616508

Follow Up By: FISHTAS.COM - Monday, Feb 09, 2009 at 19:02

Monday, Feb 09, 2009 at 19:02
Hi everyone, we are a huge fishing network down here in Tassie. We feel for the people in Kingslake and being part of the big Aussie family we have some dollars we would like to see go direct to needy families. Whilst taking nothing away from the Red Cross, Salvos etc, we as members of this emotionally charged fishing group would like to donate some funds(no questions asked) to a family in the bushfire affected area.
Hopefully, someone can come up with a name, or a family who are in desperate need.
We have no way of contacting anyone in this area, and if someone can help us we would be most appreciative.
We believe there was fishing club here, but obviously cannot contact anyone to assist. Please- we want to help.
All the best..... your friends in Tassie.
Kind Regards
Carl; on behalf of all the families at Fishtas.Com

email castaway@fishtas.com or web www.fishtas.com
FollowupID: 616568

Reply By: Member - Ruth D (QLD) - Monday, Feb 09, 2009 at 11:42

Monday, Feb 09, 2009 at 11:42
We are very relieved to hear this news - I had posted yesterday that I was very worried for them. Thank you for the news.
Ruth and Ian
AnswerID: 348298

Sponsored Links