Victoria's Fires

Submitted: Monday, Feb 09, 2009 at 10:29
ThreadID: 65828 Views:2335 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Further to post 65815, I thought I would raise this one as a seperate one. Monetary donations will be vital to ease the suffering from these most unfortunate people. Unfortunately, the distributing of the donations can take some time to eventuate.
The victims will need some immediate assistance with clothing, bedding, linen and the list goes on. It would be most difficult to organise transportation from other states but perhaps donations could be delivered to your local Red Cross shop for delivery to Victoria. These people are really suffering and we need to give them as much assistance as we can provide.
One of the easiest donations and one of the most important donations to provide is blood. If you can do it, please make a donation there too.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Matt M (ACT) - Monday, Feb 09, 2009 at 10:52

Monday, Feb 09, 2009 at 10:52
Des,

Blood certainly needed (it always is) and that is a good suggestion. I saw an interview with the Red Cross guy last night and he was asking that people keep donations to cash for the moment as that is the quickest and easiest way for them to organise relief.

Matt.
AnswerID: 348294

Reply By: x - Monday, Feb 09, 2009 at 18:43

Monday, Feb 09, 2009 at 18:43
Or donate on line here

Bob
AnswerID: 348355

Reply By: Wazza - (Vic) - Monday, Feb 09, 2009 at 20:02

Monday, Feb 09, 2009 at 20:02
I heard the call for blood over the weekend and went to register to donate:

"The Australian Red Cross Blood Service has been inundated with calls from the public pledging to donate. A heartfelt thanks to all.

Blood stocks in Victoria are at adequate levels to meet current demand and the Blood Service is not presently calling for urgent blood donations. However, we will require your donation to support ongoing needs."

Will book in for our next local blood bank.

http://www.donateblood.com.au/page.aspx?IDDataTreeMenu=47

Wazza.
AnswerID: 348372

Reply By: wendys - Monday, Feb 09, 2009 at 20:26

Monday, Feb 09, 2009 at 20:26
If you are in Victoria, there is urgent need for pet food, stock feed etc.
AnswerID: 348378

Sponsored Links