Dwellingup camping recommendations

Submitted: Monday, Feb 09, 2009 at 10:50
ThreadID: 65830 Views:7794 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi guys,

Doing a weekend trip this weekend and am wondering if anyone has a personal recommendation on the best campsite near Dwellingup with a camper-trailer. The ~10 sites in the free-camping guide and all sound pretty good - thinking of The Stringers or Yarragil at the moment.

We have two kids (4 and 2.5 yrs) and would like to be close to the river, but not too close...

I've stayed at Lane Pool/Baden Powell a few times but would prefer something a bit more secluded if possible. Only have a Rav4 at the moment, so nothing too rugged please!

Cheers,

Tristan
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: kingswoodwagon - Monday, Feb 09, 2009 at 12:34

Monday, Feb 09, 2009 at 12:34
Tristan,

Stringers is more suited to Tents due to the layout of the campsites and the posts separating sites from vehicle access. I think Yarragil might be the same (I'll stand corrected).

Nanga Mill (near Stringers) although much busier - is always a safe bet for CT & Caravans. Many of their sites are easily accessed (much like Baden Powell)

Have fun.

AnswerID: 348305

Reply By: Wayne's 60 - Monday, Feb 09, 2009 at 17:18

Monday, Feb 09, 2009 at 17:18
Hi Tristan,

It's been awhile since I've camped down that way, though I hope the following helps.
Stringers can be a quiet place to camp and has fire rings and long drop toilets. River access is down steep banks and probably not suited to small people. A more suitable location may be Sandy Pool, probably a lot of other names for it, to get there continue past Yarragill campsite, turn right at the cross roads and follow this track along until the first major track/entry on the RHS. Leads into a large carpark, not sure on the facilities .. possibly a long drop toilet and fire rings, and a sandy pool which IMHO would be better for the children. Camping fees apply and at last count were ten dollars per adult and five dollars per child, per night. More information from DEC Dwellingup on (08) 9538 1078 or the entry station if there is a ranger in attendance.
Enjoy your weekend.

Cheers,
Wayne.
AnswerID: 348344

Follow Up By: Wayne's 60 - Monday, Feb 09, 2009 at 17:22

Monday, Feb 09, 2009 at 17:22
PS Due to DEC's access for all policy, my mum's gopher wouldn't have trouble getting along the tracks. The Rav will do fine.

Cheers,
Wayne.
FollowupID: 616557

Sponsored Links